Processors and their sockets, pins, bus speeds etc. ??

dannysovdannysov Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I can never remember the Processors and their sockets/slots, data bus speed and width, pins etc.
Any ideas??? I cant get it all in my head, what with memorising everything else, there is so much to learn!!

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I can never remember the Processors and their sockets/slots, data bus speed and width, pins etc.

I had the privilege of actually having installed about every cpu (starting with a 386 co-processor) if you don't have any hands-on experience with this I think there's only one option left and that is to memorize it.

I'm working on a list of CPUs and sockets here:
    www.techexams.net/technotes/cpu_sockets.shtml I still need to add the bus speeds and width and I hope to simplify it a little. (combining those not relevant to the current 2002 exam objectives.)
  • dannysovdannysov Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks webmaster, that really helped, when you add the bus speed, width and address bus, will you add the pins as well. there is so much information on this aread to take in. Do you have any notes like these on networking.
    Any way thanks again let me know
    You are most welcome.

I will add the bus speed and width, but I was actually thinking on leaving out the number of pins since you really do not need to know that for the actual exam. (they won't ask you how many pins a certain CPU has. ;) )
    However I think I have a list somewhere so I could include an extra column with # of pins... maybe I will... :)
    Do you have any notes like these on networking.

Not yet, we just started this site a couple of months ago and the main focus will be on practice exams at first. However I will definitely write a couple of these notes per month and when I'm satisfied with the amount of practice questions, then I'll focus on the TechNotes. I'm also looking for tech writers to help me out, so things should go pretty fast soon.
    Anyway, I'll try to write something about the network related exam objectives next week. :)
  • dannysovdannysov Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks webmaster, let me know when you post the extra notes.