CISA Exam - December 2013

Comments

• RKALRKAL Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wikiget wrote: »
    With two major holidays I would probably give them some leeway on the 5 weeks thing.
    Yes. June 2013 they did 1 day earlier to 5 weeks.
  • QualitQualit Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just hold your horses, the answers you chose are still as you marked them on the answer sheet. The results are not about to change, ISACA will inform you by midnight this 17th.icon_rolleyes.gif
  • atifaatifa Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also waiting for the result.......
  • MNDieselMNDiesel Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know, I know........icon_lol.gif
  • keikeijaikeikeijai Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    One more week to go...
  • MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Five weeks from exam date. One more week. The waiting is bad.
  • FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    I'm expecting 16th since post-exam survey ends by wed 15th.... Good luck everyone :)
  • Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with you, Falasi. The September results were released on October 10, which was a Thursday. That does not necessarily mean that it will happen again...but quite possibly.
  • QualitQualit Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The urge to keep checking this link, view comments and roll back silently is natural, just unavoidable... countdown
  • wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I came back from the test, I told my wife that the suspense was killing me. She responded with "Schrödinger's certification".

The sad part is, it made me feel better until about Friday afternoon.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj
  • keikeijaikeikeijai Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anybody knows how the marking scheme is done? ISACA said the passing mark is 450 points, maximum is 800 points with all the questions correct and the minimum is 200 points with lowest score possible and signifies that only a small number of questions were answered correctly (This means it's not 0% correct).

I am suspecting whether ISACA control the number of people passes the CISA qualification each time to a set percentage of pass rates as they can vary the lower boundaries... This means if the exam is relatively less tricky in Dec than June, then the percentage of pass rates may be higher. Therefore it is so frustrating to think whether I can pass or not even I think I did the exam OK.
  • caamitboradecaamitborade Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Waiting for results .. can anybody knows the date?
    For the life of me, I can't remeber if I signed up for the email to recieve the results. If I didn't, can I check my ISACA page to tell whether I passed? Will the Cert. "exam results pending" change when they send an email? Anyway I can see if I did sign up for the email? Thanks in advance for the guidance.
  • hb99hb99 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For the life of me, I can't remeber if I signed up for the email to recieve the results. If I didn't, can I check my ISACA page to tell whether I passed? Will the Cert. "exam results pending" change when they send an email? Anyway I can see if I did sign up for the email? Thanks in advance for the guidance.

MNDiesel, I have the same issue. I remember enabling this in some form, some where (i think it was an exam registration form), but I want to ensure that I am able to recieve email notification. Does any know if this can be done online?? I cant stand the wait any longer, these next few days (assuming we get notified by the 17th) are going to be very long and nerve racking.
  • mithileshkotwalmithileshkotwal Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can go back to your e-mail and check for an e-mail titled
    [h=1]2013 December CISM Exam Registration Details[/h]
    That should tell you what options you selected.
    Alternatively you can call ISACA and they can pull up the options you selected by your ISACA ID.
    2013 December CISM Exam Registration Details

Alternatively you can call ISACA and they can pull up the options you selected by your ISACA ID.

Thats great, I found the information I needed, thank you for this.
  • Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Your status page will update to reflect the fact that you passed. I remember after the September test that there was a short lag...maybe 3 hours or so after I received the email that the status on the site changed.
    Great, I found it. Thank you all for the help.
  • jerry.stockholmjerry.stockholm Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can't believe the 5 weeks have flown by so quick!

These last few days will most definitely be nerve-racking! Anxiously awaiting the results!

Let's hope we all pass :)

Cheers,

JS
  • SamooSamoo Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hb99 wrote: »
    MNDiesel, I have the same issue. I remember enabling this in some form, some where (i think it was an exam registration form), but I want to ensure that I am able to recieve email notification. Does any know if this can be done online?? I cant stand the wait any longer, these next few days (assuming we get notified by the 17th) are going to be very long and nerve racking.

2013 December CISM Exam Registration Details

• SamooSamoo Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Waiting is killing meicon_rolleyes.gif
  • nikhilparashernikhilparasher Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I gave CISA exam in December 2013 & this is my first attempt with a IT audit exp of 2 yrs. I studied about 6 months approx 3hrs daily & also took 1 week off from work before the exam. I read the CRM manual almost thrice and also did CISA Q&A 2013 thoroughly.I knew the questions will not be repeated from the question bank, but question bank helped a lot to understand the reasoning behind the correct & incorrect answers. I think I marked around 30% questions with confidence & rest with judgement. I am really worried about the result icon_rolleyes.gificon_sad.gif.

Since we have entered the 5th week, result may come any day. Wish you all best of luck icon_thumright.gif.I hope we all pass the exam icon_rolleyes.gif.
    I gave CISA exam in December 2013 & this is my first attempt with a IT audit exp of 2 yrs. I studied about 6 months approx 3hrs daily & also took 1 week off from work before the exam. I read the CRM manual almost thrice and also did CISA Q&A 2013 thoroughly.I knew the questions will not be repeated from the question bank, but question bank helped a lot to understand the reasoning behind the correct & incorrect answers. I think I marked around 30% questions with confidence & rest with judgement. I am really worried about the result icon_rolleyes.gificon_sad.gif.

Since we have entered the 5th week, result may come any day. Wish you all best of luck icon_thumright.gif.I hope we all pass the exam icon_rolleyes.gif.

I feel exactly the sameway...its nerve racking each time a new email comes to my inbox
  • packetlogpacketlog Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Paranoid parrot also took the CISA exam last December.

• mithileshkotwalmithileshkotwal Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just spoke to our local ISACA chapter and they said the results will be out end of this week or early next week.
  • driobadrioba Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i also dont understand the convesrion from 200 to 800, how is it done ? am really nervous
  • wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    drioba wrote: »
    i also dont understand the convesrion from 200 to 800, how is it done ? am really nervous
    Only ISACA knows what the curve is.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj
  • okpokp Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck to everyone. don't understimate the luck factor. Bad luck happens. Whatever the results. Keep moving.
  • Franklyn316Franklyn316 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i believe we will get the result today, maybe, in a couple of hours..keep your fingers crossed...this is my second attempt.please pray for me..your prayers do matter..feeling restless from morning icon_sad.gif
  • sigbinsigbin Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    450 is all I ask.... :S