CISA Exam - December 2013

Comments

• jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 487
  • emrekoptekinemrekoptekin Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed congrats all icon_cheers.gif
  • mirek604mirek604 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CISM Passed with 603, top 10%. Vancouver checking in.

• exam77exam77 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did not make it icon_sad.gif got a score of 412. Debating if I should give it again in June.
  • vidog2000vidog2000 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Successfully passed CISM with a score of 609, top 10%. Pain of waiting over...
  • acidstormacidstorm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    exam77 wrote: »
    Did not make it icon_sad.gif got a score of 412. Debating if I should give it again in June.

You are not the only one dude. I also got the score of 412 despite 3 months of prepare & studying.

I tot my chances of passing should be good but end up with a fail. Abit of a surprise. I am still thinking to go for the cism exam this coming june.

Moreover,to prepare and study the same thing all over again, is a boredom to me.

Congrats to those who have pass the exam
    For those who pass and fail within the 400 range, can share their domain breakdown?
    We are sorry to inform you that you were not successful in passing the CISA exam. You received a total scaled score of 412. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below.*SCALED SCORES OF YOUR PERFORMANCE BY AREA:****************** The Process of Auditing Information Systems: 224*******
    Governance and Management of IT: 445*******
    Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation: 301*******
    Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Support: 391******* Protection of Information Assets: 570

I did very badly for the first domain and probably thats the lowest score I ever seen.
  • morgsmorgs Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed with a 556!
  • MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed.... Congrats to all who passed.
  • obulirajhvsobulirajhvs Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did not clear the CISA certification - Scored 437. Should have done better.!
  • keikeijaikeikeijai Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Me too dude, scored 431 just missed it. icon_cry.gif
  • bhushi72bhushi72 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed CISA and happy
  • bobnweavebobnweave Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When someone asked, how did it go after taking CISA on December 14th, I couldn't say, I have done good or bad. Passed CISA with a score of 475. Had a chat with someone who has done all 4 certifications from ISACA. Asked what would be a good progression and he suggested (based on my profile) to go for CRISC. Happy to have passed.
  • cl97405cl97405 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got my results at about noon US Pacific time today, and was surprised to score 692. Clearly I over-studied, because I have never worked as an auditor.

The odd thing is that prior to receiving my score, I had absolutely zero confidence that I had passed, much less scored well. Anyone else feel that way?
    Just been told that one of my colleague pass with a score of 600. She din study*any guides and only practice half of the questions with answers. She only do it within a week. During the exam, she almost want to give up and left the examination hall one hour earlier. Everybodies are so suprise that I fail.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed the December CISA as well. In my opinion it is a good test and I'm very happy :)
    cl97405 wrote: »
    I got my results at about noon US Pacific time today, and was surprised to score 692. Clearly I over-studied, because I have never worked as an auditor.

The odd thing is that prior to receiving my score, I had absolutely zero confidence that I had passed, much less scored well. Anyone else feel that way?

Congrats. I too felt a little that way, but received a good score in the top 10%. My feeling after leaving the exam was 50/50.
  • jerry.stockholmjerry.stockholm Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I too wasn't completely sure of my performance after having completed the CISA exam. Although I did feel somewhat confident, I always had that thought in the back of my mind, "what if I failed this exam". I think what made me think this, is that some questions, quite frankly, seemed too darn easy on the exam! So I kept thinking to myself, surely it cannot be this easy...

One thing I promised myself though, and I'm really glad I stuck with it, was to not change any answer on my exam unless I was 110% sure that it was in fact incorrect. Of 200 questions, I only ended up changing 5 (probably from the right answer to the wrong one icon_razz.gif).

For those who didn't pass, do not be discouraged, pick up where you left from, understand what your weak areas were (based on your score) and focus on those particular topics. In my opinion, this exam isn't overly difficult, it's just the way you approach it that really makes the difference. So if you focus on your areas of difficulty, there shouldn't be any reason not to pass.

In any case, congrats to everyone that passed. For those who drink, crack yourself open a few cold beers and enjoy! For the non-drinkers, I don't know... maybe a cold can of Pepsi? :)

Cheers,

JS
  • FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    I wasnt sure that I'll pass given that I hardly studied and been overloaded with projects as I had to stay up late almost everyday for 2 months before the exam.... however I passed by 468. not as high as I hoped to achieve when I registered but it will do. Done with ISACA :D!
  • RaagulRaagul Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys passed CISA within the top 20 %.. Happy and relaxed!!!:Dicon_cheers.gif
  • atifaatifa Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I felt like I lost the treasure ....very sad to see 425 marks guys I am really depressed....icon_cry.gif
  • JojikmJojikm Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed CISA at a score of 606. Thank god..icon_lol.gif
  • jota1234jota1234 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow yeah! I nailed it too! This has been the trickiest exam I have ever taken. After the exam I wondered if I had studied to the right exam. It was so different from CRM and Q&A DB. Confidence was very low. I'm very happy and relaxed now!! :)
  • nikhilparashernikhilparasher Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, I got my results & passed :Dicon_cheers.gif with a score of 600.. within top 10%. Thank god. For all those who passed, congratulations... Hard work has paid off !!!

For those who didn't passed, don't be disheartened. Dont loose the hope
    And now my preparation strategy:
    I prepared 6 months daily (3-4 hrs) in weekends( 7-8 hrs ) rigorously. I read first 3 chapters of CRM thrice & last two chapters twice( as I was comfortable with last two chapters as I am from IT security background) while doing Q&A after every chapter & mixed questions as well from Official Question Bank of ISACA for CISA 2013.
    Note: None of the questions were repeated from ISACA question bank but questions were of similar pattern. So dont expect same questions in exam as in question bank. Use question bank to develop the reasoning for correct & incorrect answers. Do question bank twice, even thrice. Even if u know the answer of question, make sure you read the answer explaination, i.e., why the choice is correct & why other are incorrect. This reasoning will help in answering questions in real exam.
    10 days before exam I took leave from work and revised all five chapters again in first 6-7 days and rest 3 days dedicated to only questions.
    I didnt attended any ISACA chapter review course. I think the ISACA course may help but for me.. self study is the best.

I hope all those who didnt pass will clear next time. All the best.:)
  • RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISA top 10% pass. Thanks to everyone for the help, congrats to those who passed and best of luck to those who will be conquering it in June.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • okpokp Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jota1234 wrote: »
    Wow yeah! I nailed it too! This has been the trickiest exam I have ever taken. After the exam I wondered if I had studied to the right exam. It was so different from CRM and Q&A DB. Confidence was very low. I'm very happy and relaxed now!! :)

Compared to CISSP, CISA is really an easy exam.
  • yatesajyatesaj Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 450. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below.

The Process of Auditing Information Systems: 200
    Governance and Management of IT: 578
    Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation: 335
    Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Support: 527
    Protection of Information Assets: 570

Lucky, I guess.
  • keikeijaikeikeijai Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was so disappointed to see my results 431, and the next exam seems so far away in June 14 icon_sad.gif.
    Since, its already over, time to move on. I have registered for the june exam and hopefully able to clear it.
  • jerry.stockholmjerry.stockholm Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    acidstorm wrote: »
    Since, its already over, time to move on. I have registered for the june exam and hopefully able to clear it.

That's the right attitude to have! All the best on your re-write. Hopefully you'll pass!