Options

WGU Readiness Assessment

Oracle712Oracle712 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

It's been 2 days since I took my "WGU Readiness Assessment" test. Finished it in decent time. Filled out my FASA forms and sent those in for processing. I've looked everywhere on my portal and I can't seem to track down the results of the test. No email has come either. My questions are 1) Where do I look exactly to find out my if I passed ? 2) What is the next step ? I'm very eager to get fully enrolled and start my courses. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Call the school during working hours. From what I remember you don't get a grade for the test and it isn't posted in our portal. Just give an enrollment councilor a ring next week and they'll tell you whether everything is fine or not.
  • Options
    Cool thanks brother!!
  • Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    Just log in to WGU and you'll see the four sections of the readiness assessment with green checkmarks if you passed them.
  • Options
    I thought those checks were to signify that you completed that portion of the assessment.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Oracle712 wrote: »
    I thought those checks were to signify that you completed that portion of the assessment.

They are - I was told "no news is good news" as far as the assessments are concerned.
  • Options
    After I ran a Google search. Every other board states that the "Results show up immediately once you complete the assessment". I have no other choice but to sit back and wait for either a phone call or email from WGU. Thanks guys for your help.
  • Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    At this point, unless everything is already done, the soonest you'll be starting is February. Just relax and let the enrollment people do their thing :)
  • Options
    jabokimjabokim Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I called a few hours after I took it and my enrollment officer said I passed it. I will be starting January. good luck oracle712!
  • Options
    joemysteriojoemysterio Member Posts: 152
    jabokim, are you officially starting in january? when did you start the process? i ask because I did my assessment and everything over 2 months ago and they still haven't process and verified all of my information. i keep getting told they will get back to me and nothing yet. I originally planned to start november, then it was pushed to december, now its tentatively set for january once everything is set. i'm doubting that now.
    Current goals: CCNA/CCNP
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jabokim, are you officially starting in january? when did you start the process? i ask because I did my assessment and everything over 2 months ago and they still haven't process and verified all of my information. i keep getting told they will get back to me and nothing yet. I originally planned to start november, then it was pushed to december, now its tentatively set for january once everything is set. i'm doubting that now.

Call them again, and again after that. That isn't a normal amount of time assuming everything on your end is correct.
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    I was told by the enrollment counselor that you only get notified if you didn't do well on something. No one ever contacted me, and all the assessment showed was that I had taken it. A few days later I was notified I was accepted via email, no mention of assessments.
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□

I started the application in July and didn't get everything cleared until October so had a start date of Nov 1st (had to get internation transcripts evaluated). It can take time but just keep on top of your enrollment counselor. I think it's a little last minute now for January start date so it will likely be Feb.
  • Options
    BGraves wrote: »
    I was told by the enrollment counselor that you only get notified if you didn't do well on something. No one ever contacted me, and all the assessment showed was that I had taken it. A few days later I was notified I was accepted via email, no mention of assessments.

Did you get notified through your WGU email or your Regular email ? I keep checking my portal but all I see are those green checks on the assessments test. I guess this is like waiting for an "Acceptance Letter" from the college of your choice. Everyday, just checking the mailbox.
  • Options
    CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    I can't recall 100%, but I don't think I ever got anything back stating that I passed those assessments when I first started. I do remember the process being relatively quick and painless though. I did have my Fin Aid all squared away, and I'm wondering if maybe that's why the process might be taking longer for you guys?

If you are all green (check-marks) on the assessments AND Fin Aid, I would definitely be bugging my enrollment counselor on a daily basis until EWB was unlocked and you can proceed. There is absolutely a benefit to finishing up EWB before your official start date because at that point, all of your courses will be "unlocked" and you can start learning before you even start officially. I was able to take my first exam the day after my start date because I worked ahead.

Just remember that the enrollment process is typically the worst experience you will have at WGU, then it is up to you beyond that. Good luck!
    IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
    WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
    (Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
    Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
    Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1
  • Options
    jabokimjabokim Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    joemysterio, I started my enrollment process around the 1st week of December. My enrollment counselor has been calling me a lot to help me get the info i needed to send and to keep me updated (my enrollment counselor is donna price, cool lady). They got my transcripts and cert verification's approved in a couple days. Maybe you need a new enrollment counselor, they seem slow