Options

How difficult is the MTA 98-365 (servers) exam?

Hello,

I was wondering how difficult the MTA 98-365 Microsoft Windows Server Essentials exam is. How hard compared to the Security+? I know it's different for everyone but I'd like to get a general idea. Also, for those who passed, how long did you study for it? I was thinking of studying during winter break and then going for the exam right before school starts.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Security+ was harder than this exam, IMO.

I studied for this exam for2-3 weeks using the official material. I also studied for the Desktop OS (98-349) exam at the same time. I took both exams on the same day, back to back and passed them both.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    Cool beans. I was looking at the study material and it doesn't seem to be to bad. I guess I'll study for that over the next month.

Thanks
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought the MTA was extremely simple, and easy to pass. Net+ vs MTA network, Net+ was several order of difficulty harder.

Check the study guides here: Certiport | Home - Certify to Succeed

If you get 90% of the questions right go take the test.
  • Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very easy, I've taken the MCTS exams prior though, so take that with a grain of salt(had to take it for WGU). It will definitely be easier then the security+.
  • Options
    co.adorco.ador Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    where can I get information about a PowerEdge 1855 or 1955?
  • Options
    unixguruunixguru Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took the test this morning and passed it with 85 score. There were 36 questions in total - All multiple choice. I used MS official guide by Wiley to prepare for the exam which was enough for me. I have more of a UNIX background but also experienced with Windows environment since the DOS days.
  • Options
    ej2moloneyej2moloney Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    unixguru wrote: »
    Took the test this morning and passed it with 85 score. There were 36 questions in total - All multiple choice. I used MS official guide by Wiley to prepare for the exam which was enough for me. I have more of a UNIX background but also experienced with Windows environment since the DOS days.

Are there different versions for different countries..I had 49 questions, sims and three parts to one question.
  • Options
    SynthSynth Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I am scheduled to take MTA 98-365 in approximately 5 days from now. I have been reading Microsoft Windows Server Administration Essentials by Tom Carpenter. Also, I have found some videos from CBT Nuggets. Are these good review materials for the exam? Any tips on how I should prepare given I have only a couple of days left?

Any info would be sooooo much appreciated. :)

Thanks!!