Options

MTA 98-366 Network Esesentials

Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

Signed up to take the 98-366 exam tomorrow!

Little about myself, I have a bit of experience in networking with cisco gear and originally was going to work on Net+. Since I don't have any certs I decided to go with this test first to acclimate myself with the testing process at a smaller price (57$ vice 261$). I've been using the Sybex Networking essentials book by Darril Gibson for about 10 days and really found it informative, especially the MS side of things(Apple user for 10 years). I also used the study guide questions on the certiport website after I finished the book and felt very comfortable with the questions.

I'll post how I did tomorrow.
Working on: CCNP Switch

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Best of luck!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Thanks CarlSaiyed!

Well, I passed! With a couple more days of studying I probably could have done better but overall felt the Sybex book was a great choice for study material.
  • Options
    jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks CarlSaiyed!

Well, I passed! With a couple more days of studying I probably could have done better but overall felt the Sybex book was a great choice for study material.

I was thinking of what cert will go well with my CCENT and luckily I've found this...MTA 98-366! I think I will purse this cert and learn more networking with windows system and also will purse 98-367 after...Anyway, congrats on the pass! Good Job. Any tips or materials you'd like to share for studying this exam?
  • Options
    Thanks jayskata. The Sybex Microsoft Windows Networking Essentials [FONT=Lato, sans-serif]ISBN: 978-1-118-01685-5 by Darril Gibson would be more than enough especially since you have your CCENT.[/FONT]