Options

Work is awesome... What is the recent "complex" problem you have solved?

CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
Finally solved an issue with a SIP trunk today that I began looking into earlier this week. What would happen was the person dialing over SIP trunk from CUCM to Asterisk would ring a phone and the person answering couldn't hear them. Long story short, with some troubleshooting, it turns out that Asterisk was NATTing the RTP stream to our firewalls public IP where it was silently dropped. I disabled this feature (we are not using it) and all is good with the world.
Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Great Job.

My most recent one was getting a large apparel's company SIP trunks to stop getting shut off by the provider as they were looping calls in there network.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    We had a switch that was designed as a repeater in a tactical position that joined 5 major aggregating networks. These link's were all in a single segment running OSPF. There was a power outage during the night and the main link came down. When the link came back up it was completely isolated from the main routing site. It turns out that in the multiaccess segment there was no point-to-multipoint or priority configuration on the interfaces. When the link came down there was a DR election and when it came back up there were 2 DR's on the segment. Of course, adjacency never came back up. Poor design and poor implementation altogether.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    Plenty of times where there's a weird issue and I start to doubt myself and a packet capture points to another party and I get to kick back while it's fixed. :)