Questions on bus speeds and other A+ core topics.

s0c0s0c0 Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I started a new job and they are paying for me to take my a+, net+, and 1 mcp. So I am starting with the hardware portion of the a+ as most people do.

I have all the basics stuff down and am close to obtaining my associates in computer network systems. I have created a document that I will print and use to memorize the following:
Total Pins and bus size in memory modules.
Throughput and bus size of all IDE/ATA and SCSI types
All RAID levels and what they do.
All the printer components, common problems, and resolutions.
Common IRQs, memory addresses, i/o addresses, and dma channels.

Aside from knowing the easier stuff, is there anything else I should add to that list?

Also when the study material says a certain device has a 16 bit or 32 bit bus what exactly does that mean? That is one thing I am struggling to understand. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    s0c0 wrote:

Also when the study material says a certain device has a 16 bit or 32 bit bus what exactly does that mean? That is one thing I am struggling to understand. Thanks in advance.

For example, something in mind??

Are you asking about Peripheral cards? Ram? CPU's? Mobo? Or just in general?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?