Options

Passed 70-647 yesterday! Now MCITP: EA!!

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey Everyone,

I know this is a bit delayed but I was not able to pass this test the first time around and failed it with a 543 score. Thanks to the MS Second Shot offer I was able to come back and take it a pass a month and a half later with an 800! This exam was quite brutal and in terms of how they designed it. I thought at one point the whole exam was case studies and then out of nowhere they threw in a few multiple choices and drag and drop questions then went BACK to case studies. Kind of threw me off when I saw that happen, I thought I was done after the multiple choice questions so I had to make up the time. But anyways, if you guys are planning to take this before they retire the exam in the next month or so I would advise really studying RODCs, AD site design (when using site link bridges and performing manual site links), NPS (RADIUS, NAP) and also a little of WSUS and GPO design.

I can finally move onto taking some 2012 exam tracks! Next, will be the Windows 8 client exam(s).

Comments

• Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Congrats man (a little late i know).

Are you going to take the 417 and upgrade to 2012?
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I had my first taste of MS certification exams this month, and they are definitely not easy. Props for getting through the 647! Are you going to do the one-exam upgrade to 2012?
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Eventually...I mean honestly I have not even demoed Server 2012 yet nor do I work with it in an every day business but I will definitely think about it after taking the Windows 8 upgrade exam. I usually take the client exams first