Options

Did you receive a bonus or some gift of appreciation

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I just received one and I wasn't expecting it. It felt great - I hope you all receive something.

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I received a gift in the mail that I wasn't expecting as well. Got that same nice holiday feeling :) It's good to work for a company that appreciates you.
  • Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Lunch at a fancy restaurant.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yep I got a few things ;)
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Small bonus, but it was nice as they were unexpected.

Edit: Should have our quarterly bonus here in the next couple of weeks as well, which will help.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My co-worker gave me a gift card didn't expect anything!! icon_lol.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I just was told that I am getting my full yearly bonus which is 10% of my salary and a raise. It's not really for Christmas but it sure feels like a Christmas present
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I got a convo about moving a project faster then it should be. But haven't had my vacation cancelled yet so I figure that's something :)
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Got 2% of my basic salary as a christmas bonus. I worked 3 shifts overtime last month too so my xmas pay was rather nice indeed.
  • Options
    tofuspeedstartofuspeedstar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    $100 amex gift card, free food. They gave me an additional $100 for getting my college degree (graduated on Friday)
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My department had an appreciation lunch for us. A user on behalf of her department just brought us all a box of these chocolate candy cherry things to thanks us also. I also got my first yearly review and I'm pretty happy with my raise. Been studying for CCNA and found out that I will have the opportunity to partake in network work at work.

The last one isn't really any sort of bonus or gift but I'm excited because this would be the first time at any IT position I've been at where I would be allowed to train and do technical work that isn't directly related to my job title.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had to pay for Christmas lunch although I did get a card..

So as usual sod all but that's what you expect from public service, To be honest I don't see why peoples taxes should go on giving me a Christmas bonus, if I wanted that I would have stayed in the private sector so I don't begrudge the fact that we don't get much at Christmas. We do get a bonus earlier in the year (up to 10%) so there is a reward for working hard.

A few of the supplier I use sent me some gifts including a nice Christmas hamper so i have enough wine/biscuits and nibbles to lasts me through Christmas day. :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    I got told we were relocating to Florida.... But that lead to this possible awesome job icon_biggrin.gif

And my wife got a bonus.
  • Options
    cpartincpartin Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I... didn't. Is that considered atypical?
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    5 dollar gift card to starbucks :D Still an awesome place to work.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Free holiday party for Thanksgiving/XMas/New Years.

Also got a choice of a free ham or turkey.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Excellent - Good to see you all getting something for you hard efforts.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    cpartin wrote: »
    I... didn't. Is that considered atypical?
    Not really - it's very much dependent on the culture of the organization.
  • Options
    earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Absolutely nothing.

My current company isn't the most rewarding, however the new IT company I am starting has spoiled their workers with gift cards and tickets to a Nashville Predators game (luxury/office box).
    WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
    WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm confused - at last place - are the tickets to see the Predators a reward or punishment? icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    earonw49 wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing.

My current company isn't the most rewarding, however the new IT company I am starting has spoiled their workers with gift cards and tickets to a Nashville Predators game (luxury/office box).

Bonuses will come after you've proven yourself to the company.
    Where did you go to school?
    paul78 wrote: »
    I'm confused - at last place - are the tickets to see the Predators a reward or punishment? icon_twisted.gif

Hey now! -season ticket holder (2012-2013)
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    tprice5 wrote: »
    Bonuses will come after you've proven yourself to the company.
    Where did you go to school?

In regards to the new IT company, I agree with this statement but for my current employer, you couldn't be any more further from the truth.

It's an aircraft MRO........if that says anything :/
  • Options
    In regards to the new IT company, I agree with this statement but for my current employer, you couldn't be any more further from the truth.

It was a generalized statement. You're a little too green to be expecting a bonus.
    It's an aircraft MRO........if that says anything :/

So, not IT?
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    It was a generalized statement. You're a little too green to be expecting a bonus.

I have actually been in my current employer for some time now and the ENTIRE facility didn't receive bonus or even a yearly raise because of VERY bad things happenings within the department as well as the services on customer planes. Lost two customers the past few months, so it is unfortunate.

I am also pursuing my BS in Information Security. Right now I am finishing up my associates and will be xfering
  • Options
    Overall, I don't expect anything nor do I care for "bonuses" or end of the year things like that because I am simply grateful to have a job, hahaha!
  • Options
    Overall, I don't expect anything nor do I care for "bonuses" or end of the year things like that because I am simply grateful to have a job, hahaha!

Ha you and me both, brother. I am lucky to get overtime! Anything with the word "bonus" on it, ie end-of-contract bonus, that comes my way is all ready agreed upon and is essentially a means of discouraging people to jump ship.
    But yeah, just happy to be employed.
    WGU MSISA
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got a complaint less than usual .. must be Christmas ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am deployed over sea's and my job still gave me a Christmas bonus. I thought that was pretty cool of them. Although this will be the second Christmas party I miss icon_sad.gif
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    Ha you and me both, brother. I am lucky to get overtime! Anything with the word "bonus" on it, ie end-of-contract bonus, that comes my way is all ready agreed upon and is essentially a means of discouraging people to jump ship.
    But yeah, just happy to be employed.

Amen bro!

Oh and btw, love your avatar! I am from TN and I go to Bonaroo on and off every other year :). Such a legit festival!
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No bonus that I know of, but that's to be expected when you work for a cash-strapped non-profit community college. Lower pay just comes with the territory.
  • Options
    tier~tier~ Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We had 2 department lunches... nothing major but I can't complain about a couple free meals!
    Let's Connect!
    LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog