Options

Did you receive a bonus or some gift of appreciation

2»

Comments

• Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recently took over security testing in our lab and received an unexpected award and cash bonus from my director for some of the critical security defects I identified.

Regarding bonuses, it is worked into my salary. The portion of it we receive is based on the companies financial targets being reached (or not). Fingers still crossed on that one.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    An unexpected 9% raise, cash bonus and christmas dinner.
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    I got a Nintendo Wii and a $25 gift card for Target =)
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I started the thread I suppose I should share as well.

2 gift cards 25 iTunes and 25 Visa. Christmas bonus 3% of my salary. Free license of Office 365 for my home machine. Oh and a free dinner and drinks.
  • Options
    biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
    OH yeah,

Let me tell you about MY wonderful bonus.

the company has known they were implementing this since August, but just bothered to tell us about it last Monday. We are being switched from hourly non-exempt, this means we get paid overtime, to salaried exempt, still have to work on-call, but no overtime. Not only this, but we are going from bi-weekly pay to being paid once a month. Oh, and we didn't get merit increases this year either.

Oh well, at least I still have a job with benefits.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Merit rise... LOL!

Haven't had a pay rise since December 2008. Got £3K more when I moved jobs in 2010 and now I get 20% uplift and some overtime (1.5x) which works out at over £8K a year, but it's not a payrise because I work unsociable hours, and on shift.
  • Options
    Eeeeek sorry to hear that. With most if not all countries experiencing inflation no pay bump to offset cost of living means you are losing money.
  • Options
    subsooner711subsooner711 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Coworker bought me a reuben sammich from Arbys.
  • Options
    Just the sandwich no fries or a drink?
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Merit rise... LOL!

Haven't had a pay rise since December 2008. Got £3K more when I moved jobs in 2010 and now I get 20% uplift and some overtime (1.5x) which works out at over £8K a year, but it's not a payrise because I work unsociable hours, and on shift.

Which doesn't stop power / water companies to increase their prices by up to 10% and train tickets up to 5%.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry if a little late to the convo

We received a $50 gift card for Target (which is not much but the thought that counts) plus a vacation check (not really a reward if you took off a lot...thankfully I had near perfect attendance.

Hope you guys had a good holiday!
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nice bonus, gift basket from Harry & David. Company holiday party in two weeks at a resort for the weekend, free snowmobiling, snowshoeing, deluxe rooms all on company dime. Company olympics that day, and one of the prizes is to do the air combat simulator against the company president (ex F-16 pilot).
  • Options
    cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just moved down here to Louisiana for a great opportunity. While the job has been great, the financial strain of having to pay back a relocation bonus of 7K in 2 months has really kicked my rear for the past few months. In addition, been forced to drive a rental down here at 1K per month since I didn't have a car in NJ. Talked to my boss about my situation and here is what I got for my Xmas from my company...

Immediately cease paying back my advance for 6 months.
    $300 Cash and $500 in AMEX gift cards for my family's Xmas.
    Payroll advance of 50% next check which I don't have to pay back for 3 months.
    $500 in Gas Cards
    $1000 Xmas Bonus
    and......A CAR!!!! Might be a 2005 used car but it is still a car! They covered all costs including initial insurance payment.

Best decision I ever made moving down here.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    WOW cknapp,

That is one of the best sounding surprises I heard of in a long while! I hope things continue to work out for you. They sound like they have invested into you to make you feel like you belong with them!

Congratulations"
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    That means you must be doing a good job for them CKnapp! Congratulations.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    cknapp78 wrote: »
    Best decision I ever made moving down here.

Anytime anyone moves out of New Jersey it's pretty safe to call that the their best decision.

Jokes aside, seems like a decent company thats treating you well. That moving expense seems a little high to me.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    jabneyjabney Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You are definitely The man sometimes it really does pay to stay with the company especially one that's willing to work with you as your company has done.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    earonw49 wrote: »
    Overall, I don't expect anything nor do I care for "bonuses" or end of the year things like that because I am simply grateful to have a job, hahaha!

+1 - Good Attitude :D
  • Options
    joemysteriojoemysterio Member Posts: 152
    I got $50 for a christmas bonus, but with my company doing oracle open world this past october, I got around $1800 extra cash from OT, stipends, etc. so I guess that makes up for the $50. :p
    Current goals: CCNA/CCNP
  • Options
    KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 147
    I got the opposite. Lost 40% of my vacation (from 5 weeks down to 3) that is being transferred into my pay. Nobody realizes how much I would rather have a vacation day over more pay. icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    No holiday bonuses or anything at my company. Fiscal year ends in Mar, and we get our bonuses in April as a result. I can't think of any company I've worked for that has given out bonuses at the end of calendar year.

I did, however, receive untaxed tuition reimbursement since my first covered semester ended mid-Dec. That reimbursement will likely keep me here for quite a while (it must be repaid if I leave voluntarily within 12 months). Any company that offers it is wise to do so, at least as far as employee retention goes.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    slushislushi Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My boss usually gives my section of 4, time off and alcohol.
    This year, he gave me a few days of paid time off, a bottle of vodka, and a wireless iPhone speaker. He didn't have to, but he did - his philosophy "you take care of your people, your people will take care of you." Best supervisor I've ever had. Well liked in the organization.
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My bonus was getting my contract extended while a lot of contractors here were let go due to it being the end of the year and were not renewed.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Our holiday bonus was equivalent to one week's regular pay (40 hours), taxed to hell. It was still a nice gift. I was awarded top performer of the year in my office so I also received a 500 dollar giftcard. It was nice to be appreciated.
    System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
    2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure
  • Options
    SoergBotSoergBot Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    coreyb80 wrote: »
    My bonus was getting my contract extended while a lot of contractors here were let go due to it being the end of the year and were not renewed.

job security is the best reward.

i got put on call for 2 weeks and Christmas eve for my "exceptional" ability to work with the customers. paycheck was nice
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    I got a box of Whitman's Assorted Chocolates!
  • Options
    bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    When I worked for a major IT company supporting the sales force, a salesman from Seattle, WA flew my wife and I out, first class to courtside seats at a Seattle Supersonics game. Post game locker room passes included. Even got a game ball signed by the team! :)
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    earonw49 wrote: »
    Overall, I don't expect anything nor do I care for "bonuses" or end of the year things like that because I am simply grateful to have a job, hahaha!

Funny, that's exactly what we were told at our mandatory Christmas breakfast. We were told what a great job we were doing then later in the day we were questioned as to why our ticket counts were down (almost all tickets were completed).
  • Options
    neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
    I got taken to Red Robin here in Houston, a decent place and a 20 dollar gift card to Taco Bell plus the office gathering at a Mexican restaurant which was decent.
    BAAS - Web and Media Design
    Working on A+