Options

Job Offer - Salary advice please

TerminalBTerminalB Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I recently received a job offer in the South Jersey area for a Client/Server position (pretty much a Windows admin). I'm 32 yo with a B.S. in MIS along with the Compt TIA triad. That being said, does the following offer sound fair?

Salary - 67,000
200 hours of paid time off
6% matching 401k
Yearly perf bonuses of up to 5% of salary
Optional paid OT
Good bene package

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd say so, though it would be hard to tell if we don't know your past experience. Also, that's equivalent to 5 weeks PTO which is quite nice.
  • Options
    Apologies, I have about six years of prior IT exp, ranging for desktop support roles to server/windows admin.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    A few other factors that can play in significantly to pay. Size and industry of company? How big is the infrastructure you'll be supporting? Are you going to be considered and engineer, admin, team lead etc?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    The real question you need to be asking are all to yourself. "Does the schedule fit me and my family?", "Do I feel I am worth $60k or do I think this offer offends me?", "Am I going to be oncall all the time?", "Is this the only job that has contacted me ?", "Can I live off of $60k per year?" and finally "Is this better than what I have now?"........ ask yourself those questions and decide
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is a heck of a lot of PTO!
  • Options
    libertygrad10libertygrad10 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TerminalB wrote: »
    Hello,

I recently received a job offer in the South Jersey area for a Client/Server position (pretty much a Windows admin). I'm 32 yo with a B.S. in MIS along with the Compt TIA triad. That being said, does the following offer sound fair?

Salary - 67,000
    200 hours of paid time off
    6% matching 401k
    Yearly perf bonuses of up to 5% of salary
    Optional paid OT
    Good bene package

Thanks for your help!

What certifications do you have to qualify for this job??
  • Options
    acharya007acharya007 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would love to have 5 weeks PTO, sounds great!
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I assume the PTO includes all your sick time and holidays so 200 hours is about average. The matching up to 6% however is pretty nice - I don't see that very often these days. Depending on the industry that you are supporting and the part of NJ, the compensation does seem fair. Good luck.
  • Options
    paul78 wrote: »
    I assume the PTO includes all your sick time and holidays so 200 hours is about average. The matching up to 6% however is pretty nice - I don't see that very often these days. Depending on the industry that you are supporting and the part of NJ, the compensation does seem fair. Good luck.

Thank you for all of the thoughtful responses so far, much appreciated!

As for the PTO, it does include sick time but holidays are separate, so it is definitely a nice chunk of time.
  • Options
    I ended up accepting the job guys. Thanks for all of your advice!