Options

RDP Issues

About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
HELP! I am having some strange issues with RDP on a specific computer. I am a Local admin on all computers used in this situation. I have elevated access rights on all computers allowing for RDP (domain). However, when I remote into the PC in question from any other PC, the session terminates.

This device is the only one I have issues with. It will connect, ask for the password then kill the session once it comes up to the "Welcome" screen. Been trying to figure it out for a few months now. Current solution is to go to the computer in question and log in as myself then remote in from another computer.

When the session fails, the following is shown:

Comments

• Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Has it ever worked? Does it work if you disable any antivirus software that is running on the workstation with issues?
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    BalantineBalantine Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Probably an update came down for mstsc.exe -- may need to rollback or upgrade. Also check syswow64 version. Could be rooted or have startup objects in the admin profile too.
    dulce bellum inexpertis
  • Options
    I don't recall ever being able to RDP this box without being logged into it first. As this is a company asset, I cannot disable AV. However, the AV is domain wide so all computers share the same setup for my group.
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Looks like it might be timing out. Can you verify network is not at 10mb half duplex for some reason??
  • Options
    @ Balantine

I will check that information. I haven't tried connecting via cmd either.

@santaowns

I wouldn't think it is a timeout issue. The network is running through 8gb directors but I am unsure what the server speed would be. I assume at least 1gb full dup. I'll check the box and determine the speed it runs at.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    I had this issue before when trying to remote to a server.
    Cleared the certificate I had stored on my local PC for that server that I got when I RDP'd into it and it resolved the issue right away.

I am not sure but should work the same way for going to a PC/Laptop:
    See - Remote Desktop Connection - How to get the certificate prompt back? - Super User for how to do it on local machine. Is easy to do.