Options

Resume Critique/ suggestions

Attached resume, removed PII info.

Looking for any input or suggestions
:)

Thank You!
"The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    First suggestion is to post a DOC or PDF version.
  • Options
    White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    Added resume via attachment
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • Options
    bump!!!
  • Options
    shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
    -With that amount of content and your experience level, it should be 1 page

-I would **** or shorten the skills section, it's really not helping by listing every PC component in existence.

-The experience section is in the wrong order. Newest/Current job goes at the top.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Problem #1: Who are you? Where are you? How do I contact you? Did you just delete your contact information from the resume to post on this forum, or do you never include it?
    Solution: Your contact information should be at the top of the resume.

Problem #2: In your summary you fluctuate between first-person and third-person, there are errors in grammatical usage, and it is too long.
    Solution: Stick to third-person, correct the errors, and drastically edit.

Problem #3: You are highlighting your education by placing it above your work experience when your work experience far outweights your education.
    Solution: Place your work experience at the top of your resume.

Problem #4: Your skills section is too elongated, difficult to read, and has errors in grammatical usage.
    Solution: Edit, organize, and correct the section.

Problem #5: Your experience section is out of order (as another poster has already stated), has grammatical errors, and cuts one of your prior positions from one page to another.
    Solution: Repair the order, fix the errors, and be certain the position does not cut from one page to another.

These are the main issues I see. Overall, I would state that at first glance this resume looks like you did not spend much time on it and this may be exactly what is turning potential employers off... no offense intended.
  • Options
    Thank you for the honest replies, that is exactly what I was looking for.

I intentionally left out Personal Identifiable Information (PII) strictly for this post.

Thank you!!!