UMUC - MS in Cybersecurity

Malita215Malita215 Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've been looking more and more into University of Maryland University College. I' was looking for Grad schools while still in my undergrad program. I completed my undergrad in Dec 2012 and I know I want to continue to get my Master's. I'm more about getting my degrees over getting certifications (I have none now).

I also decided for 3 more courses, that I would be interested in the Dual Master's program to get my MBA as well just for the heck of it. So, according to the site, that would be a total of 9 classes, not including the orientation class, that would allow me to obtain 2 Master's degrees.

Does anyone have or had any experience with UMUC?
Master's in Cyber & Information Security | B.S. Information Technology: Information Security

Comments

• jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you going in person or through distance education?

I've been a student with UMUC off and on since May of 2009. Their faculty, online applications, and student services were really good in the regard that I never had any problems with them.

I took all online courses, though. I did take my final for a course in person at the Alephi campus before they changed the policy that allows for finals to be conducted online now.

The manner in which you register for classes (MyUmuc), attend classes (WebTycho), and submit course work was pretty simple to grasp and get used to.

As far as the coursework, I would say it was a little easier/less engaging than my studies and courses at Texas A&M (which I attended in person). Keep in mind that this was UG work so I'm not sure as to if that was the case or not.

Some of my classmates came off the wrong way in the course discussions at times (lazy, asking for more time or less work, unable to formulate a presentable post...one user even posted their final as a .doc attachment that the entire class could access).
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Malita215Malita215 Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    Are you going in person or through distance education?

I've been a student with UMUC off and on since May of 2009. Their faculty, online applications, and student services were really good in the regard that I never had any problems with them.

I took all online courses, though. I did take my final for a course in person at the Alephi campus before they changed the policy that allows for finals to be conducted online now.

The manner in which you register for classes (MyUmuc), attend classes (WebTycho), and submit course work was pretty simple to grasp and get used to.

As far as the coursework, I would say it was a little easier/less engaging than my studies and courses at Texas A&M (which I attended in person). Keep in mind that this was UG work so I'm not sure as to if that was the case or not.

Some of my classmates came off the wrong way in the course discussions at times (lazy, asking for more time or less work, unable to formulate a presentable post...one user even posted their final as a .doc attachment that the entire class could access).

Distance education. This program is strictly online from what I see.
    Master's in Cyber & Information Security | B.S. Information Technology: Information Security