Any recommendations for VPN Service?

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
I'm currently kicking the tires on getting a VPN Service.

IVPN has been recommended to me and there is an article on torrent freak on about vpn services that actually take confidentiality seriously.

Which VPN Services Take Your Anonymity Seriously? 2013 Edition | TorrentFreak

Was wondering if anyone can recommend one that they are using and what type of experience they have had with the service.

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use iVPN.net and I have been happy with it. Easy setup and they take bitcoins, if you're into that.
  • HectorPHectorP Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've used acevpn for a couple years. Cheap and have servers all over the world. pretty happy with the service. Some coworkers recommend strongvpn but I haven't tried it. Good luck.
  • HaswellHaswell Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use Private Internet Access, and their speeds are amazing. Plus, it's only $39 a year.
  • CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    There is so many really. Things you should look out for is supported protocols that you want, and make sure they DO NOT keep logs and have some sort of statement about not handing data (which they shouldn't have if no logs) to law enforcement, which I think varies per each countries laws.
    Also, if you want the VPN for torrenting, make sure they support/allow it, which many do and some are out there specifically for torrenting.

I use CyberGhost, based out of Germany.
    IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
    WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
    (Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
    Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
    Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1
  • antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess the first question is why do you want a VPN icon_wink.gif.

- do you just want privacy?
    - are you a foreign journalist in a dangerous land
    - is your mission to take down the servers of a foreign government or your own

Each answer would have a different response. icon_wink.gif

Things to consider

- do you need access in specific countries? (IP's in say Canada, Germany, China, etc)
    - would you like a piece of software you install to make changing the node simple?
    - What OS? Will you use it on your smart phone?
    - How do you want to pay? (Paypal through to Bitcoin)
    - will you use it for torrents?

If it's to torrent, I've heard of a type of service called a seedbox which apparently lets you download torrents into this box, then pull them out of the box via SSL to your own computer. I know nothing about them only they're reasonably cheap.

You could always give each one a test drive for a month and see if you like. Link speeds can vary.