Options

Time for me to dive in!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, and no problem.

Today I'm 28% through my SWITCH Simplified book. I read over basic VLAN concepts, VTP domains/passwords/pruning/revisions, trunking, 802.1q, ISL, STP 802.1d/t, bridge ID, portfast, uplink fast, backbone fast, udld, loopguard, root guard, root path cost, path cost, port priorities, and some other stuff I'm sure I left out. Hopefully I will make it to around 40% by tomorrow night, but I have alot of errands I have to run tomorrow. We will see.
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • Options
    Didn't get any reading done yesterday. Got to 38% done today. Read over RSTP, PRST+, MST, IST, PAgP, and LACP. Couple more weeks and I will break out my switches and start my 8 hour lab sessions.
  • Options
    Finished SWITCH Simplified. Very good book. I would recommend it to anyone that will be taking 642-813. Started the labs tonight. The labs in the back of the book seem to be pretty in depth (just as they were in the ROUTE book). Ran into a little bit of trouble recalling how to configure Dynamic ARP Inspection, and DHCP Snooping because I never have configured anything like that on a production network. Very fun labs to work through though. Planning on scheduling my exam in about 3 weeks. I have to coordinate a date with my supervisor, but I'm on Paternity leave until the 7th so I won't be making an official date until after then.
  • Options
    It was nice having 3 weeks off of work for vacation/paternity leave. I was able to do all my reading/videos, and started to dive off into some heavy labbing. Scheduled my exam for July 30th at 1000 PDT. I know this thread hasn't been very detail oriented like I meant for it to be. It's just hard for me to find justifiable time to reiterate what I have already learned. Between working 60-70 hours a week, watching my 15 month daughter and my 1 month old son, and studying/labbing..... I am just completely swamped.
  • Options
    Ahhh, the good old pre-test jitters. I feel pretty confident, but then again I felt pretty confident for the ROUTE exam and drew a blank on the first question. I just hate feeling like a nervous wreck for an entire week before my exam. Going to continue to lab, but I'm just not sure what to specifically study other than everything.
  • Options
    Well it sure has been a long journey. Passed my SWITCH exam. I found it to be soooooooooooooooooo much easier than the route exam. Time for me to get ready to go to Korea. When I get back I will knock out TSHOOT and finally have my CCNP!!!!
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well it sure has been a long journey. Passed my SWITCH exam. I found it to be soooooooooooooooooo much easier than the route exam. Time for me to get ready to go to Korea. When I get back I will knock out TSHOOT and finally have my CCNP!!!!

This is encouraging! I am about at the point myself where I feel pretty darn confident but need to do some labbing before I can set a date. Congrats on the kiddo too! My wife and I just had a child too back on May 15th so I know the struggle of trying to study with a little one. Funny you mention not realizing how much you work with switch concepts at work. I felt the same way after getting into my switch studies. Lots of concepts I already know / understand for the most part.

I am glad to hear too the test felt easier for you. I have heard this but it's good hearing it from someone who has been through both exams recently.

Get that TSHOOT out of the way!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Mannnn, it sure has been a while. Korea was a nightmare, but that's a story for another time. Putting my TSHOOT studies on hold to take my BCVRE before the voucher expires. Going to brush up for a month then take my TSHOOT exam. Almost there!!! It sure has been a long journey.
  • Options
    Some Things came up at work and I missed my bcvre and bcefp exams because I got a 24 hr notice we were going to another country. Slipped my mind to reschedule. Good thing they were free, but it sucks I missed out on them. TSHOOT finally scheduled for Oct 22. Time to do a little review, but I feel pretty confident.
  • Options
    I finally passed all of my exams. Got a 986 on the TSHOOT exam. Wish I had time to take it earlier. Transitioning into BCNP studies for a few weeks. CCDA and DP ARCH exam will follow. Thanks for everyone's support!
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I've been flying through the few BCNP topics that weren't covered in the CCNP materiel, and hopefully will test before thanksgiving week, and off to Japan for a month. I will probably buy the CCDA OCG to read while I'm there.