Options

Is a **** sheet cheating?

MSDCodexMSDCodex Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is a **** sheet cheating if we use it to know what we need to learn by heart?

Comments

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Are you asking if there is a problem with making sets of condensed notes, and using those to study? I can't see how that's an issue, unless the notes contain content that you are not authorized to use.

My opinion is that as long as you are not violating the rules of the test, you should be OK. It should be noted that my opinion is NOT authoritative. If you have any doubts, you should discuss them with the exam provider.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    My math professor used to let us write notes on an index card and use it on final exams. But he mad sure the exam was really hard so you would use that space wisely and put stuff that you found difficult. Looking back at it the index card really didn't help me get the A; I spent a lot of time condensing the material that I knew all of it, even stuff that I didn't put on the card.

I think the whole point of letting us use the index card was that we would study our butt off. It worked ...
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    It depends on what you mean by "**** sheets".

Crib sheets, "Cliff notes", etc are ok.

However if you mean brain **** as in the actual Q&A, then no.

The allowing of taking in notes to an exam (eg like what -hyper talks about) would be on what would be classed as open-book exams (you are evaluated on understanding rather than recall and memorization and allowed to take in reference material). Closed book exam would be the opposite.
  • Options
    MSDCodexMSDCodex Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for your comments.