Options

How long do the LX101 and LX102 exams take to complete (realistically) ?

aswebdevaswebdev Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I know there are 60 questions and 90 minutes allotted to answer them but would you say the exam is lengthy and I would have to use up the entire time ? Generally I always finish the cert exams well before the time limit.

If people can actually post how much time it took them, I can get a good estimate.

Comments

• Options
    The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Well, I guess it varies from person to person - but, I used up almost my entire time. I did not want to rush things. I first answered as many questions as I could, flagging any difficult questions. Then returned to my flagged questions, and finally reviewed all of my answers one final time.

I may have had 10 minutes to spare. So realistically, you should have plenty of time to complete each exam.
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • Options
    colby_arcolby_ar Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took 101 last week and it took me about 45 minutes to go through all of the questions and then look back at a handful that I had flagged.
  • Options
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Interesting. Why does the pearson site say it's a 135 min test though ? The COMPTIA site says its 90 min.
  • Options
    The_Expert wrote: »
    Well, I guess it varies from person to person - but, I used up almost my entire time. I did not want to rush things. I first answered as many questions as I could, flagging any difficult questions. Then returned to my flagged questions, and finally reviewed all of my answers one final time.

I may have had 10 minutes to spare. So realistically, you should have plenty of time to complete each exam.

Yeah I guess...I'm a beginner so I'm a bit worried that I may not be able to finish the test especially if the questions are verbose.
  • Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    You get 90 minutes for the exam but your appointment is for the 135 minutes which includes survey etc..

It took me roughly an hour each exam. That included answering all questions, going over reviewed questions then a quick review of every question.
  • Options
    antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The time it would take would depend on many things. It would depend on your memory & how comfortable you are in Linux. I don't know if we can state the times due to that agreement we make when we take the exam but for me Exam 1 was much quicker than 2.

One thing I like about Comptia exams is they tend to be straight up without the smoke and mirrors other vendors (cough, MS, cough) sometimes use. If you know the material in the exam syllabus you will pass. One thing I found about Linux+ is you actually had to know the material, not just remember it.
  • Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took all my time. I go through the questions first and answer what I can while flagging any am unsure of. Then go back and spend time thinking over. The time you take to complete the exam will depend on your experience and preparedness.