Options

CISSP (and others) Training sale at ISC2

PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
Hey folks. Been a while for me I know, haven't been on the certification train for a good bit, but for those of you that are I saw this and thought I'd pass it along. ISC2 is having a 50% off sale on ANY online training class that they offer.Q1 2014 Offer - 50% Off Live OnLine Training

Comments

• Options
    Joel GoldsteinJoel Goldstein Banned Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey folks. Been a while for me I know, haven't been on the certification train for a good bit, but for those of you that are I saw this and thought I'd pass it along. ISC2 is having a 50% off sale on ANY online training class that they offer.Q1 2014 Offer - 50% Off Live OnLine Training

To clarify, the offer is good for any Live Online review seminar that begins January, February, or March 2014. The only certification the deal isn't good for is HCISPP because ISC2 will not have training available until April 2014.
  • Options
    cdupuiscdupuis Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    50% off means nothing if you don't know the details.

It is 50% off of what price, what is the final price that one would pay for the class?

What does it include as far as number of days of access, quizzes, recording, study guides, etc... etc...

Best regards

Clement
  • Options
    You know what? Never mind, I'm sorry I posted this. Try to help people out and all they do is tear down the post, oh its not clear enough. I posted the link to the site, go read it yourself! All of the information is there!
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You know what? Never mind, I'm sorry I posted this. Try to help people out and all they do is tear down the post, oh its not clear enough. I posted the link to the site, go read it yourself! All of the information is there!

Actually it's not. You have to fill out their form to even see the prices. They should know better than trying to use this silly form of "security through obscurity".
  • Options
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    Actually it's not. You have to fill out their form to even see the prices. They should know better than trying to use this silly form of "security through obscurity".

If someone is interested enough to get the information they will, so yes it is available if one wants to pursue it. But people are shooting the messenger here just because I didn't post every little detail in my post! I simply spotted a sale and pointed it out on the forums in case it would help anyone. All I get in return is flak. So forget it. I won't be doing this again.
  • Options
    If someone is interested enough to get the information they will, so yes it is available if one wants to pursue it. But people are shooting the messenger here just because I didn't post every little detail in my post! I simply spotted a sale and pointed it out on the forums in case it would help anyone. All I get in return is flak. So forget it. I won't be doing this again.

Nobody is blaming you. Wanting to prepare for the CISSP myself, I thank you for posting this. Unfortunately they won't even list a price once you "register". There is really no point in this type of marketing tactic. It's frustrating and pointless. No, I don't want your rep to call me. I can just as well register for your training myself.
  • Options
    Yeah, now that is just shady, you would think isc2 would be a little more on the up and up than that! Sorry if I took the posts the wrong way. I was just trying to help man!

I recommend the CISSP for Dummies book to start prepping, I read it actually last in my preparation and was surprised at how good it was.
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look into it.
  • Options
    Joel GoldsteinJoel Goldstein Banned Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MSP-IT wrote: »

Apologies for my bias, but this is not accurate. From the main home page, click on the link at the top right of the screen (the orange rectangular box) that says Register for Exams & Reviews. On this page in the middle of the screen directly under where it says Register (for Training Seminars) there is a link that says Training Seminar Pricing (PDF). This lists pricing for all certification review seminars. Perhaps it is easy to overlook this link but it's not hidden. Additionally, you can always call us here at ISC2 if you have any questions regarding pricing.

I did not want to list prices on TechExams as I did not want to give an appearance of marketing or spamming. But since the question has come up regarding pricing, I will clarify. Mods, apologies if I've violated anything.

The promotion is 50% off the standard registration rate for all Live Online training for classes beginning January-March 2014. The standard registration rate, per the PDF I linked to, is $2,695.00 for all certifications except for ISSAP, ISSEP, and HCISPP (HCISPP not applicable since training not available at this time). So with 50% off, the promotional rate is $1,350.00, excluding the certifications I previously mentioned. The standard registration rate for ISSAP and ISSEP is $2,195.00; the promotional rate is $1,100.00. To clarify an earlier question I saw posted, this pricing is for the Live Online training only.

However, we still have the bundle package called the iPass package. This includes the Live Online training, study materials (varies by certification; sometimes is just the textbook), exam voucher and exam protection. CISSP, SSCP, CAP, and CSSLP is $2,495.00; ISSMP is $1,995.00; ISSAP is $1,795.00; ISSEP is $1,695.00. If you have questions or need further details, shoot me an e-mail or call us at 866-462-4777.