Options

where should i begin?

mnolan70mnolan70 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have two years of college going for CIS major i really loved it i learned visual basic and COBOL programming which i really enjoy but didnt get to much further into it. (Focused on getting gen eds done) i stopped going due to some financial issues I have enrolled part time for the semester though.however I am looking at taking some certifications to keep my knowledge fresh I was just wondering where would be the best ones to start with for someone new to IT, no networking exp and minumal programming exp.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    What section of IT do you want to get into? A programmer's path will differ from that suitable for someone who aims at networking. Generally, a few CompTIA certs will land you a help desk position if that is what you are looking for.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    mnolan70mnolan70 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well i have no IT experiance so im looking for something to lay the basics down for me and then maybe from there pick a direction to head toward i have the CCENT books from cisco would that be best or is that for someone with more knowledge.