70-642 Passed

Finally passed my 70-642! icon_cheers.gif

Now off to study for the 70-646 and finish off my MCSA. Hoping to do so before the second shot vouchers expire.

Comments

• aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! The Prometric proctor in my area goes on vacation in three days so I will be testing - in two days. I'm pretty sure I won't pass but at least I'll get a very good idea of how hard the test is!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Thanks guys. Taking a week or two off then hit 70-646 hard. Looks like the second shots are good until May 31st - so I have time.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • aia87aia87 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
    what materials you used to prepare for 70-642 ?
    and what about the other exams 640 ,646 ?
  • LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    70-642 I used the microsoft press book which was the first edition. So to supplement the R2 material i got another book that covered just the new material.

Then I just did labs a TON (lab as much if not more then actually reading material) and studied the exam objectives from Microsofts own site (IE google and read technet articles).

I also tried pluralsight (formerly trainsignal) - it was good material but by no means complete. I would say on each objective they covered maybe 70% of the exam material. It's only $30 a month and it's good 'refresher' material so i'll probably keep the subscription for a few more months.

For the 70-646 I have the Microsoft book 70-646 R2 so it covers the new material. I'll probably read that (read over important parts multiple times), lab and go over the exam objectives like i did with this one. Then as a recap watch the pluralsight videos. I hope to sign up for the exam in lat February so I can complete the MCSA and move onto either 2012 or vmware.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • mjlyndenmjlynden Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Reading the MS Press book for this one at the moment!
  • horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    sweet man .. sweet .. congrats !