Options

Third time's the charm I passed!!

tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
After talking the exam twice , I finally passed the third time and I have to say it was harder than before.

It took me full 6 hours, only had 10 mins to go back to the ones I had flagged, two I had left out which I answered and I managed to
change answers for 5 or 6 and I forgot how many I had flagged for review which I never got too.

I came out exhausted and mad, I knew I had failed again. The lady gave me my paper and I folded it went out of the office and just said
F#%K IT! let me unfold the paper and it said Congratulations! I thought I was seeing things, so I read the paper carefully just to make sure
it is not a new format and surely I had passed!!

I want to thanks the forum for the advises and reading others failures and then their success just made me more motivated..

I did alot of practice exams from the cccure and shon harris cd, that helped alot..

The book I used was sybex..

Now I'm going to just drop and get some rest!!!

Comments

• Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    It sounds like you went through quite a lot to get here, congrats! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    You have no idea. lol
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Makes you appreciate it alot more and something definitely to be proud, great determination and perseverance. Congrats and welcome to the club.
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    kapokapo Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Tony,

Congratulations for passing the CISSP !
    I was wondering if you have come across to any of the new style questions (hotspot and drag-and-drop) in your exam.
  • Options
    It does make me appreciate it more.. Your posts were one of the fews that made me realize I can't give up.

Thanks!
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    Makes you appreciate it alot more and something definitely to be proud, great determination and perseverance. Congrats and welcome to the club.
  • Options
    Thanks Kapo.

I didn't come across the new format. I think it is still to early in the year for them to put out the new format.
  • Options
    Kamat2000Kamat2000 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats :) I know how it feels..... :)
  • Options
    hylaabhylaab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Your hard work and determination paid off at last, enjoy your well deserved resting.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thank guys. Now is the waiting game for the endorsement.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's is great news and a wonderful way yo start the new year. Your persistence paid off, hope you find it rewarding for you career!
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been following you closely, Tony. I am so happy to see that you pushed through. This is a beast of a test. You've taken the first step into a larger world.
  • Options
    Thanks Kalkan999. Your posts were one of the few that made me not want to quit. icon_smile.gif

kalkan999 wrote: »
    I've been following you closely, Tony. I am so happy to see that you pushed through. This is a beast of a test. You've taken the first step into a larger world.