quick exam simulation ?

CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
Hey guys, I just watched a CBT Micro Nugget and Keith said something like, "if we save our config, we will get partial credit..." (he was only halfway through his cfg for the simulation)

But this made me wonder, are we supposed to save the cfg after ALL the simulations, even if not specifically instructed to? I definitely didn't to do that on my CCENT exam but still got a pretty decent score. CCNA is coming up soon for me so this has me really curious...Thanks!
IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
(Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
Required:
SBT1 RGT1 RIT1

Comments

• tushstertushster Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used to wonder about that too. According to some of the videos available at Cisco's E-Learning website that discuss various commands and when to use them on the simulation portion of the exams, the host of the video used to emphasize A LOT to save your configuration at the end. Since that was coming directly from Cisco, I'm assuming it's best to save the configuration after every simulation question to reassure yourself you're getting the most credit for it.
  • CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    Ah okay, thank you! Makes me wonder how many points I missed in CCENT because I never saved the cfg lol. I somehow managed a 933 score without them though, but I will definitely save everything when I go for CCNA later this month!

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
    Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
    Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Not saving will not make you lose any points unless it is specifically stated as part of the question. This has been publicly said by CIsco and I'm sure you can find it with a Google search.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    Not saving will not make you lose any points unless it is specifically stated as part of the question. This has been publicly said by CIsco and I'm sure you can find it with a Google search.

This is what I initially thought until I listened to a few of Kieth Barkers Micro Nuggets where he specifically stated that you NEED to save the cfg after every simulation, even if not explicitly instructed to do so, to make sure you get full credit. But that totally contradicts what you just said? This is why I wanted to get it clarified on here vs using Google, but thanks for your input! It's not hard to save the cfg so I will just make sure to do this every time just to be safe. Thanks!

Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've never saved any configs on any of my exams :X
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It's not going to hurt to do it, but it certainly has no impact on your final score (again unless that is a set objective for the lab) so don't think that has anything to do with it if you fail or miss some points.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.