technigaltechnigal Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is there any acronyms to remember the following:

Cleaning
Conditioning
Writing
Developing
Transferring
Fusing

I thought there were 7 stages to the laser printing process, correct me if I'm wrong. I need to find an easier way to remember. Easy to know what they do but getting it in the right order can be a mix up.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    I am referring to the EP
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I can't remember I know there is one around! if I remember i'll let you know... icon_redface.gif unless someone else remembers first icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Electrophotographic Print Process(EP):
    The process concerned with putting the image on the page. Follows Six processes.

Cleaning - The Drum is cleaned and electrically erased.
    Charging - The Drum is negatively charged to -5000Vdc. Done by the Primary Corona.
    Writing - The Laser sweeps the length of the drum applying the image. The Laser reduces the negative charge on the drum where the image is going to be.
    Developing - The Toner is transferred to the area on the drum which has been swept by the laser.
    Transferring - Once the image is on the drum the paper is fed through and the transfer corona wire attracts the image from the drum to the paper.
    Fusing - The Fusing rollers heat up and pass the paper through bonding the toner to the paper. Uses a Non stick roller surface
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    7 steps... Thinking of the OSI model perhaps?

I have not heard of an acronym to recall the order for the printing process.

Someone may have heard of one (or made one up). Let's hope if they have, they'll post it ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Technigal:

I learned there were 6 steps. Clean, Condition, Write, Develop, Transfer and Fuse.

Try this:

Charlie
    can
    walk
    dance and
    talk
    french

Actually, after studying the process for a while you'll probably find you won't need any help remembering the order. But at first, maybe that little sentence will help. :D
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    California
    Cows
    Won't
    Do
    The
    Fandango
    icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lol, that was good!
  • Options
    icon_lol.gif

Makes my studying more fun and more determined to know the ins and outs for core.

Yup I have the order down packed thanks lol.

Now I'm gonna mix and match the EP process order to its corresponding function and test myself to make sure I know what each process does.

Been great studying. Still alot to learn by 1 Dec lol.

Till next time...
  • Options
    WOW

Took a practice exam with good old Transcender and my printer marks skyrocketed to 88%. Usually I fall in the 50% mark on printers. My lowest was Motherboards/Processors and Memory @ 27% geez lol.

Getting there tho. Awesome progress.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Sure, hire out the laser repair.

Chubby
    Chicks
    Waists
    Droops
    The
    Fupa
  • Options
    rocoroco Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cool
    Clear
    Water
    Does
    Taste
    Fine

Easy icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    EvilSkyEvilSky Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I learned that the cleaning part takes place at the end, but I will trust you guys on this one(no way im forgetting the california cows thing :) )
  • Options
    Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    Here's an off shoot of Garv's that I'll be using:

Chubby
    Chicks
    Won't
    Drop
    The
    Fat/Food/Fork

I had a memory class in college and it was one of the best classes I took. Mnemonics were stressed heavily and they work great. I've got a good (but dirty) one for the OSI model if anyone needs it let me know and I'll send a pm
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Go Bucks wrote:
    I had a memory class in college and it was one of the best classes I took. Mnemonics were stressed heavily and they work great.
    Although I can understand some find them useful, I tend to have more problems remember the Mnemonic than the actual info. Anyway, how about this one, it makes sure you don't mix up cleaning and charging:

Clever
    Chickens
    Won't
    Die
    Too
    Fast

or

Cold
    Chilly
    Water
    Drowns
    The
    Flowers
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CompTIA
    Certifications
    Work
    Determination
    Triumphs
    Friend
  • Options
    NaimHBNaimHB Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How about:

Computer
    Companies
    Will
    Develop
    The
    Future
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    NaimHB wrote:
    How about:

Computer
    Companies
    Will
    Develop
    The
    Future

You work for Dell? Microsoft? Or Intel? :D

Just kidding :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    Computer
    Companies
    Will
    Destroy
    The
    Future

:D
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."