Options

What Happened to My OSPF Routing Protocol? (Packet Tracer)

bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I am currently working with a lab network that I designed in Packet Tracer. The purpose of this particular lab is to help me understand OSPF, VLANs, VLAN trunking, and default routes. I initially attempted to configure separate areas but realized that what I was doing was beyond the scope of what I am currently studying for and ultimately decided to stick with a single area network (this explains why I have 9 routers lol). After spending hours tracking down the issues in the network I was finally able to build full dynamic routing tables on all routers and send packets to and from any location on the network, I even got DHCP to work on a remote subnet! Feeling satisfied, I called it quits and went to bed.

I got home today from work fired up Packet Tracer to see if I could get a default route configured and quickly found that my network had crashed and burned, by that I mean my routers appear to have stopped routing. The thing that as me here is I know that I didn’t change anything, and I know I saved everything (in NVRAM of each device and in Packet Tracer itself). When I try to ping any interface beyond the router that I am on I get a U.U.U. The strange thing is that when I leave the network alone for a while it will function again, my clients get their IP addresses from the remote subnet, I can even get a successful ping or two but sure enough, eventually I start getting the U.U.U result and routing fails seemingly universally, this happens on entirely separate subnets. I know that this may not be enough information but this is really bugging me, any ideas? Any information even on steps I can take to further troubleshoot would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one

Comments