Options

Help I Need a good job

Adamrl018Adamrl018 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am currently a student at Columbia Basin Job Corps in Moses Lake, WA. And I am Graduating next month with CCNA Semestors 1 & 2... I take the INTRO next friday hopfully I pass....
But if I dont is there any good jobs I can get in the Tacoma, WA area down to Olympia area I should look at, with the training I have?

Please Help me.

Comments

• Options
    gatekeepergatekeeper Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had to volunteer in order to learn the computer trade , software & hardware also I started putting together a resume and building systems at home .
    Plus talking to people working in the networking business and doing follow ups on job applications ,try computer clubs in your town as well.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Volunteering is definately a good start. Look for schools, non-profit organizations, and any other community or city-type of facility that could use some help. Don't skimp on sending out your resume, either, even if you don't have the CCNA just yet. I'd say, check out the local papers, and definately get yourself posted on Dice.com, Monster, and maybe even craigslist.com.

One of the key things to remember is this, make sure you highlight what you can actually do, in your resume, make sure those employers know what you're capable of. That's the only real way to find those people who are willing to hire you, even without a credential like CCNA. They're out there, you just have to make sure you do everything you possibly can to make yourself attractive to hire.

Another good thing is to check the major companies' websites or just drop in and check if they're hiring. I currently work for Kaiser Permanente, and they don't really have any formal certificate or degree requirements for their IT department, they were more interested in any experience I had, (professional or academic,) and what skills I brought to the job. More importantly, they didn't advertise that they were hiring, I just happened across the job listing. So, if you know of any big companies or agencies in the area, definately give them a try. Remember, keep bugging them until they hire you, or tell you to go away. The worst that can happen is that they say "no".

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    First off slowhand "Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis" I can take a JOKE! LOL nice saying... did you read the book all ready?

Quickest way to get some experience is to look on dice.com or monster.com to find project work. The jobs might be only a few months long but you will get your resume going. And if you are good... then the company will most like keep you after the project. At least that has always worked for me.

Otherwise... start at the bottom and start at helpdesk. You can always start there and work your way up.
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."