Options

BCP question - help

liceriolicerio Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
How often should a BCP be tested? what answer would you choose and why?

a. At lest once a year
b. when substantial changes to the company or environment occur
c. Major change to a business process

Comments

• Options
    rawhiderawhide Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think it should be tested in defined period ( not sure about one year though ) irrespective of changes in the organizaton....So a defined period like one year is my best bet, again thats my opinion as per understanding of CBK
  • Options
    netstatnetstat Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would say A, but not because B and C are necessary wrong. A business process might take years to change therefore this would mean that BCP would also take years to be tested. When Substantial changes occur, would depend on the BCP committee which means that all departments would have to come to an understanding that the BCP will need to be tested due to the substantial changes performed. If all departemnts say nothing has changed, then no BCP test would occur. Answer A to me is the safest as "at least once a year" would also fall under yearly regulatory compliance /audit checks.
  • Options
    awais1116@hotmail.comawais1116@hotmail.com Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Combination of A n B...Annual Testing is a must but if circumstances change rapidly during the year and Changes are made to BCP then Plan should be tested with out waiting for the year to be over....
  • Options
    niall.nfniall.nf Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would say A

Yes the BCP should be tested when substantial changes to the company or environment occur,

And yes it should be tested when a Major change to a business process happens

but at the very least it should be tested once a year whether or not the above changes occur.
  • Options
    hylaabhylaab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Agree! "A" is the best answer considering the context of the question and given choices. I try to relate BCP with Accreditation process, which is done once a year and DRP which is mainly incorporated within the Change Management Process.