Options

70-680 = MCTS still?

ecuadraecuadra Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
If I pass my 70-680 do I get MCTS status or not anymore?

Comments

• Options
    MCITBoundMCITBound Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes - You now have the "MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration" title. Congrats on the pass!! That's a beast exam! icon_cheers.gif
    If I gave good advice or was insightful, please add to my reputation!! If you have a LinkedIn account and want a new connection, feel free to add me! If you have any questions, ask! :cool:
  • Options
    Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    Yes but Microsoft will be doing away with the MCTS and MCITP title at the end of the month. The title will then be MCSA. But you will also need to pass either the 70-685 or 70-686 to become MCSA for Windows 7.
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
  • Options
    Theegg911 wrote: »
    Yes but Microsoft will be doing away with the MCTS and MCITP title at the end of the month. The title will then be MCSA. But you will also need to pass either the 70-685 or 70-686 to become MCSA for Windows 7.

The MCTS title for passing the 70-680 will still be available after January 31, 2014. It is only the MCITP titles (680+685 -or- 680+686) that are going away.
    If I gave good advice or was insightful, please add to my reputation!! If you have a LinkedIn account and want a new connection, feel free to add me! If you have any questions, ask! :cool:
  • Options
    coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MCITBound wrote: »
    The MCTS title for passing the 70-680 will still be available after January 31, 2014. It is only the MCITP titles (680+685 -or- 680+686) that are going away.
    Thanks for clarifying :)
    System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
    2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure
  • Options
    BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsa-windows-7-certification.aspx

Until January 31, 2014, when you earn your MCSA: Windows 7 certification you also earn your MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration certification and either your MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 certification (Exams 680 and 686) or your MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7 certification (Exams 680 and 685).

After January 2014, you can no longer earn the MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration, MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7, or MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7 certifications, but Exams 680, 685, and 686 will still be required for the MCSA: Windows 7 certification.
  • Options
    BookFella wrote: »
    https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsa-windows-7-certification.aspx

Until January 31, 2014, when you earn your MCSA: Windows 7 certification you also earn your MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration certification and either your MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 certification (Exams 680 and 686) or your MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7 certification (Exams 680 and 685).

After January 2014, you can no longer earn the MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration, MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7, or MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7 certifications, but Exams 680, 685, and 686 will still be required for the MCSA: Windows 7 certification.

MCTS Certification | Microsoft

I stand corrected. I must have read the Windows Client portion incorrectly. Sorry.icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    I thought I was correct about the MCTS....thanks for finding the link.
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)