Options

Practice Labs

jaychou_ukjaychou_uk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello,

I'm new to this forum and currently studying for the ICND1, I've read where people advise on practice labs....does that mean troubleshooting a scenario or do they mean setup your own lab and start setting up a network?

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Both. Configuration labs and troubleshooting labs will help you learn.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    There are various CCNA Workbooks available online that walk you through lab scenarios.

One thing you might do is ask yourself "Do I know how to trunk two switches together?", if the answer is no or your aren't quit sure. Launch packet tracer and get a few switches on there and trunk them together.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    TechnoracerTechnoracer Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you feel like buying real equipment it would be a good idea to get some kind of a lab book to follow configuration scenarios, but I think it is more practical to get a simulator, and follow predefined lab problems. My favorite is Packet Tracer, but I'm also using one I bought from Cisco Press, called "Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator." It has tons of problems for every area you need.
  • Options
    There are various CCNA Workbooks available online that walk you through lab scenarios.

One thing you might do is ask yourself "Do I know how to trunk two switches together?", if the answer is no or your aren't quit sure. Launch packet tracer and get a few switches on there and trunk them together.

Thanks for the advice guys, based on what RouteMyPacket said as an example I know to set things up but I'm worried when there is a toruble shooting scenario I won't know how to troubleshoot it...

Are there any trouble shooting labs available by any chance?

Once again thanks for the quick replies.
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCNA Lab Workbook | Free CCNA Workbook <---Try this I found it goggling.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would get a simulator and equipment if you can for a lab. The nice thing about simulators is you can quickly do scenarios without the setup and labs allow you to experiment.
  • Options
    Would you guys recommend the icnd 1 (Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 Network Simulator | Pearson IT Certification)

or

This one?

Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator | Pearson IT Certification

I am studying for CCENT so I'm assuming it would be better to buy the first one...But I am going to study for the ICND2 afterwards so it maybe value for money for the the CCNA practice lab?

Thanks guys
  • Options
    TechnoracerTechnoracer Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jaychou_uk wrote: »
    Would you guys recommend the icnd 1 (Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 Network Simulator | Pearson IT Certification)

or

This one?

Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator | Pearson IT Certification

I am studying for CCENT so I'm assuming it would be better to buy the first one...But I am going to study for the ICND2 afterwards so it maybe value for money for the the CCNA practice lab?

Thanks guys

The 200-120 has labs for ICND1 AND ICND2, and there are a LOT of them. They start with basic labs, all the way to network configuration and troubleshooting labs. In my opinion, it is better to have the entire package than to buy it in parts.
  • Options
    Thanks Technoracer, I think I'll do that then!

Appreciated!

Glad I found this forum! you guys are ace!