Options

Unable to enter into Enable mode

Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
My Catalyst 2924 switch can't seem to enter into the Enable mode when I input the password, is there any solution to this? It runs slow compare to my 3548 switch.

Comments

• Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    What exactly does it do after you enter the password?
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    Doesn't do anything except for "password expire" message appears.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A password recovery procedure would let you either change the config register and start up without the startup config, or just wipe it and start over. Maybe it's something in the config. Running "slow" could be settings in the config as well (terminal settings). If that doesn't do any good it could be a corrupt IOS image or flaky hardware, those things are a bit long in the tooth.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    This is caused by the Cisco gremlins inside your 2924. They tend to get grumpy when you don't feed them.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its very possible you are typing in the wrong password. Do a password recovery and try a simple password like cisco to see if it works. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work. If the password cisco works then you can then revert it to whatever complex password you desire.
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    As everyone else has said, a password recovery would take care of the problem. Follow the steps here:

Cisco Catalyst Fixed Configuration Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switches - Cisco Systems
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    We have some switches that have a triple A server as the first option for authentication

If the triple A server is unavailable it takes a little while for them to think about using the second option which is indeed enable, well it is on our kit.

food for thought,
  • Options
    Thanks! It's up and running.