best site to buy a 70-680 voucher

techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am just curious of there is a good site for buying the MS 70-680 voucher, or a discount code that I can use. I am sorry if this has already been asked and answered but I didnt see any post regarding this from a quick search. Also, how long is a MS voucher good for? I know Comptia exam vouchers are normally good for up to 12 months, before expiring.
"Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill

Comments

• coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At 150 a voucher, I'd buy it directly from microsoft. That way you can get into the second shot program. If you fail, you'll be able to retake the exam for free. Paying full price is worth the 'insurance policy', so to speak.
    System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
    2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure
  • techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At 150 a voucher, I'd buy it directly from microsoft. That way you can get into the second shot program. If you fail, you'll be able to retake the exam for free. Paying full price is worth the 'insurance policy', so to speak.

yeah that makes sense. thanks!
  • -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    Definitely buy from Microsoft so you can take advantage of the Second shot program.
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
    yep. I understand regarding the second shot deal. However, I am a little confused, how do i buy the voucher directly from MS? when i try to, it just sends me to the prometric testing website, is that the way to do it? or is there a way to buy a voucher directly from MS on the MS site?
  • -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    techwizard wrote: »
    yep. I understand regarding the second shot deal. However, I am a little confused, how do i buy the voucher directly from MS? when i try to, it just sends me to the prometric testing website, is that the way to do it? or is there a way to buy a voucher directly from MS on the MS site?

Yes, you buy the vouched from Prometric.
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
    -hype wrote: »
    Yes, you buy the vouched from Prometric.

k. got it. thanks for your help. icon_thumright.gif

I was hoping I could buy the voucher and hang on to it (like you can with a CompTIA voucher) without actually having to set a exam date yet, but that does not seem to be the case, because I was planning to be prepared and ready to take it on the 18th of Jan, but I do not feel confident yet to take the exam. So, I will just have to wait until then before purchasing the voucher. I am getting close to being ready though, I might still be able to do it by the 18th, but i just know that if i were to take the exam tomorrow, I would not pass. I am getting mid-low 70% on practice exams, and that is not good enough for me, personally. So far my biggest area/domain of weakness seems to be deployment.

On that note, and I am sorry if this next question is OT, but for those of you who have taken and passed the 70-680, what seemed to be the most difficult domain for you to study/prep for?