WGU CCENT/CCNA Material?

mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
Seems like there are a lot of WGU students on these forums. I'm doing the IT Security program. I'll be starting CCENT this Friday then CCNA immediately after that and the CCNA Security.

My question is, did you find the WGU material adequate for the exams, or did you need to supplement it at all?

Do you have any suggestions for what worked best for you?

Thanks!
Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
In Progress: ​Not sure...

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I liked the simulator they had but I found the rest to be inadequate. I picked up Wendell Odom's books and studied them for a few months. That ended up getting me over the finish line
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't used any of WGUs study materials for any exam.
    I just lie to the counselor and say I do them so he'll refer me.
    I use all my own materials and WGU pays for the exam =)

I did look over the ICND1 stuff and it does comes with CBT Nuggets so that should be good to use.
  • CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    They include Odom's books now. CBT Nuggets is a decent primer, with Odom's books really solidifying everything. I also really like the simulator because there are good objectives to complete that really help to memorize commands. Overall, I don't think you would need anything else.
    IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
    WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
    (Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
    Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
    Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1