Options

Which Book for SY0-301 CompTIA Security+ ?

olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
What is the recommended book?
Im about to order one.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    you could of found that answer in about 15 seconds up here.icon_rolleyes.gif But, Mr. Gibson has a Security+ book on Amazon for about 20 bucks, I read it, then went back over my high-->lighted material then passed in about 4 weeks.. no more than 5 weeks. I suggest paying 20 bucks for his online "Special"… And see the simulation examples he has…NO every Sim he has was not on my test, but..maybe 2 I dont remember.
  • Options
    Which one? There are many versions
  • Options
    bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    It can be found on Amazon here. I just got mine. Haven't checked it out yet but it got rave reviews, and several recommendations from this forum. Also Mr. Gibson's website offers practice exam access for reasonable prices (Thanks to dpsmooth15 for link).
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Options
    Thank you kind sir.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Sybex text is very complete and sometimes overlooked. I recommend the book from Sybex myself. Otherwise the cram type books may be all one needs. Do not forget at current copy of the objectives from CompTIA to help you prepare.

Good luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    I actually have the Sybex texts for A+ and Network+. I had ordered them prior to joining this forum.
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    @bull313,

That is nice you have those texts for A+ and Net+. I prefer Meyers text for those, but Sybex puts out a decent texts as well. The OP however was asking about SEC+.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd recommend the Sybex Review Guide by James Stewart if you have some experience in IT (network, physical security, types of attacks, etc).

It does a good job of hitting on the points that need to be remembered for the test. It's also short and sweet.

If you'd prefer a more indepth version, the Sybex Study Guide contains the same text but covers more details.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna