Packet Schedular Miniport #3 Cannot remove it?

mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
Under my nic card in Device Manager "Packet Schedular Miniport #3" appears. It was never their before and i cannot remove it. I tried to remove it in safe mode and even remove the card physically. When i disable it and try to remove it, it saids failed to unistall, this device is required for boot up your computer"I ran all kind of spyware adaware programs and antivirus programs as well, nothing. As read articles, it discussed how this could be a trojan of some sort. Any info on this or on how to remove this would be great! Thanks

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No it is not a trojan - it is very valid. I suggest that you download the latest drivers for the NIC and install them. I can't remember the exact reason for the miniport, but mostly when you update drivers it is no longer needed.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    I read that to and did update the drivers no success. I will try it again though. Thanks Russ :D
    A question.

Has this machine been setup for broadband? If the ISP or ADSL router people have supplied and disk and that has been used it will add in all sorts of garbage into your system. I always just use the manufacturers driver for a NIC and self install it - never using any of the install progs and I then set the router up using the web interface and never ... ever use the supplied disks.
    www.supercross.com
    XP finds the drivers automatically for it. I did download the driver for it off the web again and no luck....this is annoying. Plus their driver they gave me on disk is not digitally signed anyway...which - like you said is not a good idea to install
    I don't worry about digitally signed drivers - that just means that they did not want to spend many thousands of dollars having MS OK them icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    Well you were right. I just fixed it. I went to device manager and right clicked the mini packet schedular under the nic which had a question mark. I updated the driver, choose from a specific location, then i chose "dont search, i will choose a driver from a list".
    I chose the minipacket schedular and it worked. Next thing i new, just the adapter was in device manager. I guess it was a part of the nic or something. Thanks for all your help RUss. Take it easy
    Welcome dude - all in a days service icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com