Options

Windows 9

mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□

Comments

• Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    This will basically be like 7, which was Microsoft's way of "moving away" from Vista. Every other OS release is just a beta test.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The rumors sound interesting.
    All windows versions have their pros and cons but Ive loved them all and always upgrade :D
  • Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    After trying mac and Linux when I didn't like win 8 I doubt I ever will go back to Windows on my home machine.

Although I'll need to support it in the work place eventually so I hope it's good!
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd be surprised by it, Windows 8 and Server 2012 were launched on the same day. So if it's true then where is the Server OS? They usually favor releases towards the end of the year also for new PC sales around Christmas time... I'll be keeping an eye out for news in April anyways
  • Options
    wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I went through a phase of not liking Windows, but 8.1 is my favorite one yet (Been using since 3.1...). Ive slowly started to use everything Microsoft too. X1, Lumia 1020 and Surface. It makes your life easier when you go all in on one (google/apple/microsoft). I use Xbox Music/Calendars/Email/Games between them all and its great. I hear 9 is supposed to bring them all in closer which is handy for me!
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Pretty excited. I've been on 8 at work since it came out and I suspect it will be the same with 9.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I ended up moving off of Windows 7 to 8.1 and I like 8.1 much more than 8 which I really didn't like at all. The full screen apps on my monitor annoy me since I end up having to resize them, it probably wouldn't be that bad on a laptop.
  • Options
    bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    I still use Windows 7 at home, as I cannot afford a touchscreen and see no reason to go to Windows 8.1 without one. The computers at my retail job still run Windows XP! I will be watching for further developments on Windows 9 with anticipation. Thanks for the post!
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Options
    mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What! Windows ME, Vista and 8 are my faves!!

JK, but I'm getting used to 8.1 but I think there should be a Desktop version or mode and a touchscreen mode. I don't like how it's all mixed together.
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • Options
    googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
    I think Windows 9 will be a solid step like 7 was from Vista. I am looking forward to testing it out, but with new updates coming out every year now, might wait until 9.1 where its more polished. Depends where its at I guess.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    matai wrote: »
    I'm getting used to 8.1 but I think there should be a Desktop version or mode and a touchscreen mode. I don't like how it's all mixed together.

Same here, although I downgraded my wife's laptop to Win7 (she hated 8 and I'm just not that interested in it). I know it's old fashioned but I want segregation, not a server OS that looks like a PC OS that looks like a mobile OS.
  • Options
    Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bryzey wrote: »
    After trying mac and Linux when I didn't like win 8 I doubt I ever will go back to Windows on my home machine.

Although I'll need to support it in the work place eventually so I hope it's good!

LOL, I did the same when Vista came out. XP was good, Vista sent me running to the Mac World and I never came back. I run Windows 7 in VMs, I'm not against Microsoft, but for the stability and the usability factor, OSX is much better (FOR ME). I refuse to install Windows 8 and it's crappy interface. Let's hope they do a good job with Windows 9 :)
    Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
    Working on: CCNA Datacenter (2nd exam), Renewing VMware certs...
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    I'd be surprised by it, Windows 8 and Server 2012 were launched on the same day. So if it's true then where is the Server OS? They usually favor releases towards the end of the year also for new PC sales around Christmas time... I'll be keeping an eye out for news in April anyways

Server 2008 was pretty much the server os for windows vista and windows 7. Chances are there won't be too many differences between 8 and 9 much like vista and 7.

I use linux these days both at work and at home and I'd probably get a mac first if I decided to use something other than linux.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am getting used to Windows 8 but all I want is them removing the need for Metro on a server os. Connecting to a Server 2012 in Windowed mode and trying to hit those hotspots (charm) is doing my head in ...
    matai wrote: »
    What! Windows ME, Vista and 8 are my faves!!

JK, but I'm getting used to 8.1 but I think there should be a Desktop version or mode and a touchscreen mode. I don't like how it's all mixed together.

Windows 98SE was awesome :D

Actually mean it, loved 98SE - rock stable .. Had a laptop for years and never had to reinstall.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p