Options

How long is exam

wayzerwayzer Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
This might be answered some where else in the forum, but I have not come across it yet. I would like to know how long you have to write the exam and how many questions are on the exam. I know all the question are weighted differently, or so I think.

I am thinking of writing my Core in two weeks. I guess knowledge of CPU's and their respected socket and bus speed is required, as well as SCSI and there bus sizes. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

I really don't know why they ask us some of this stuff as it is not an idication of tallent to fix a computer. I can easily look up the socket that a CPU uses as well as the bus speed. When will they due away with these things called tests, or at least make them reasonable?

Brad

Comments

• Options
    ScarletLaceScarletLace Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Actually, this information can also be found on this site. So I'll just copy and paste it here:

Exam code: 220-301
    Format: Linear Multiple Choice
    Number of questions: 80
    Passing Score: 515 (scale 100 - 900)

A copy of the exam objectives can be found at
    http://www.comptia.org/certification/A/objectives.aspx
  • Options
    wayzerwayzer Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How many minutes do you have to complete the test? I think it should be ok for me to write it now, I just don't want to go in and feel side swipped. I want to go in confident but not over confident. Still need to beef up on CPU's and the aquired information that goes along with them.

Thanks
  • Options
    So sorry that I wrote in a hurry, I didn't even realise that I didn't
    answer your question.

Each exam actually last about 90mins .

Good luck in your studies and exams
  • Options
    ocrigginsocriggins Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just took the exam on Saturday, I past with a 718. To be honest I was done in about 15 minutes. If you take all the practice exams you can online and read the tech notes and stuff, you will pretty much either know the answer to a question or not. The only ones that take time are the are the troubleshooting questions. I do have to admit, I had a lot of easy questions though. They really wanted to make sure that I knew what a RJ-45 jack was.

OC
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    you will pretty much either know the answer to a question or not.
    That's indeed the ideal situation.
  • Options
    Good job ocriggins :)