Options

Help With Resume - Entry Level Help Desk

gilly225gilly225 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just recently passed S+ Hoping you guys could tear my resume apart before I post it to every online job board. Looking to break into IT field as first job out of college, looking for help desk/ desktop support role

[h=3]NAME[/h]ADDRESS · ADRESS · # ·EMAIL
[h=5][IMG]file:///C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG][/h]
[h=5]SUMMARY[/h]Recent college graduate seeking a career opportunity in the Information Technology field. Highly acknowledged for technological sense and task management. Recognized for hardware troubleshooting skills and adapting to new technical issues. Works well individually but also thrives in group projects and environments. A quick learner with strong working knowledge of software, hardware, networking, operating systems, and security applications.

• CompTIA Security+ Certified

• Computer Hardware/ Software

• CompTIA A+ Certified
  • Desktop Maintenance

• Programming Concepts
  • Microsoft Systems

EDUCATION

Radford University, Radford, VA
BBA College of Business and Economics
AACSB Accredited, Major: Business May 2013
Heavy course work in Information Technology field. Experience with problem solving and programming concepts, principles of computer science, and managing technology and innovative ideologies.

[h=4]TECHNICAL SKILLS[/h]
Systems: Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/2000
Hardware: Chipsets/MOBO/RAM/Expansion Cards/PSU/SSD/Media
Security: Networking/ACLs/Cryptography/ Threats/Operations
Networking: Ports/Protocols/Wireless Standards/Topologies/Tools/Command Line/
Additional: RAID/Displays/Printers/Laptop Repair/ Mobile Devices/Operational Procedures

[h=4]RELEVANT EXPERIENCE[/h]
  • Successfully hand-built multiple advanced systems for individuals of dissimilar skill-sets
  • Excellent with principles of human-computer interaction. Able to evaluate interactive products and choose best possible result
  • Experienced with tracking and cookie management, privacy and integrity issues, security, file sharing, and web services
  • Familiar with multiple hardware components: INTEL/AMD Processing, Flash Memory, Multiple RAM Chip sets, Internal/External Drives, advanced graphics, multiple sized bay-sets, power supplies, cable management, soundcards, heat sinks etc.
  • Ability to translate business into technological fields
  • Essential strategies with networking issues
  • Able to troubleshoot/manage process speeds and overheating issues

Formats a little messed up...Not sure how to add attachments as it wont let me use a .doc / .pdf
Seeking any and all advice
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It actually looks pretty good formatting aside. I would get rid of the cells. Also remember to tailor the resume for the exact job that you are applying for, in particular matching the key words in the job posting. Also in the experience field try to mention a specfic project such as a migration from xp to Windows 7. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Ya the cells are just used as formatting in Word, not sure why they showed up like that. Ill have to think about a specific project as most of my course work in college was business or program oriented. All of my troubleshooting has been mostly self taught building multiple computers for myself and others.
  • Options
    yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You call yourself "recognized...", but who say so? You don't have any job where you demonstrated such skill. I know what you mean, though, because I'm in the same boat.

Also I see two of the most common cliches: work well individual and in group and quick learner. Do you think someone will say otherwise?

And finally, you don't need to list every hardware component.

That's just my opinion.