Help in finding a tablet for studying

modmenxpmodmenxp Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I am trying to find a tablet for studying purpose I entered the university and i find that books are very expensive So i decided to take photos of books with my camera and put them on my labtop and start studying from them But i found laptop is very huge and hard to carry everywhere also it may harm my eye So i decided to buy a tablet 1-good for studying for long times using picture of books captured by my camera 2-display 8 inch or more 3-internal space 8 giga or more 4-if can use a electronic pen that i can write notes or put highlines 5-no need other things even camera or wifi because i have mobile had all of these 6-not high price :) Help Me Finding this Tablet Thx

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    If you are for real let me warn you. What you are doing is illegal and violation of copyright law, plain and simple.
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a Surface Pro and it actually works pretty good. Some people at work even replaced their laptops with the Surface Pro 2. You should take a look at them!
  • NutsacjacNutsacjac Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a Surface Pro and it actually works pretty good. Some people at work even replaced their laptops with the Surface Pro 2. You should take a look at them!

I love my Surface Pro, even if it's on the heavy side for PDF viewing.
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    If you are for real let me warn you. What you are doing is illegal and violation of copyright law, plain and simple.
    I actually on read the title and not the whole thing. You are right, what he is doing is illegal. This guy is looking for trouble.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That seems like too much work.....
  • modmenxpmodmenxp Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    may be you are right but i dont have mony icon_sad.gif
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    modmenxp wrote: »
    Hello, I am trying to find a tablet for studying purpose I entered the university and i find that books are very expensive So i decided to take photos of books with my camera and put them on my labtop and start studying from them But i found laptop is very huge and hard to carry everywhere also it may harm my eye So i decided to buy a tablet 1-good for studying for long times using picture of books captured by my camera 2-display 8 inch or more 3-internal space 8 giga or more 4-if can use a electronic pen that i can write notes or put highlines 5-no need other things even camera or wifi because i have mobile had all of these 6-not high price :) Help Me Finding this Tablet Thx
    Wow. No punctuation at all. I'd like to see some periods in there.

As for the suggestion on a tablet. No.

may be you are right but i dont have mony

Billy Idol - "Mony Mony" - YouTube
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
    thx very much i looked at it but i think you didnt read my 6 point :) thx again
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Wow. No punctuation at all. I'd like to see some periods in there. As for the suggestion on a tablet. No. Billy Idol - "Mony Mony" - YouTube
    lol left the subject and concentreted in punctuation funny funny I dont have english in my keyboard i am using a keyboard from google
  • SpacedSpaced Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Get a kindle HDX. The 7 inch is 229 or maybe less. It might be a tad too small for serious reading, but the price is hard to beat. Then just purchase or rent (up to 6 months) your school book from their textbook program. The books would be electronic so need for all those photos etc. And on the plus side, using the kindle to read is legal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWYQ9YE/ref=fs_j
    WGU: BSIT - Network Administration
    Spaced wrote: »
    Get a kindle HDX. The 7 inch is 229 or maybe less. It might be a tad too small for serious reading, but the price is hard to beat. Then just purchase or rent (up to 6 months) your school book from their textbook program. The books would be electronic so need for all those photos etc. And on the plus side, using the kindle to read is legal. Kindle Fire HDX Tablet - Personal Movie Tablet, Best College Tablet
    that is very nice thx
  • CyberhooliganCyberhooligan Registered Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, a tablet for picturing every page of textbooks?
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I actually on read the title and not the whole thing. You are right, what he is doing is illegal. This guy is looking for trouble.

If he passes it around or sells it. For his own reference, maybe it might pass the sniff test, especially if they are library text books. The second any of these textbook photos leave his tablet-- even to sit in a Dropbox folder-- he's technically distributing copyrighted material and could end up with feds or worse, copyright lawyers, pounding at his door.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Surely if you have enough free time to photograph every page of a book and then organize those photos into a PDF or other form of document, in the appropriate page order, so you can easily read it on a mobile device like a tablet... then surely you could perhaps use that free time and find a way to earn a few bucks and just buy the print book or buy it in electronic format, no? I'm not even saying that from a standpoint of a right vs. wrong argument when it comes to copyright infringement either, I'm stating it purely from a standpoint of the time invested certainly wouldn't seem to be worth any potential reward. It would be a huge time investment and the end result wouldn't be something I would wish to subject myself to reading, I would get annoyed with the end result and not even wish to read it. Why you would even wish to subject yourself to such a tedious and time consuming process is beyond me, you must enjoy torture. :D

Now as far as a tablet recommendation, I prefer smaller tablets myself. The 10" models just don't have the right ergonomics as far as I'm concerned, and I'm a tall 6'2" with big hands. I much prefer something in the 7-8" range, it's much easier to use and transport. I have both a Nexus 7 and an iPad Mini that both see frequent use. They've both proven to be quite durable and have held up fine to the abuses my 6 year old has put them through just fine.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    petedude wrote: »
    If he passes it around or sells it. For his own reference, maybe it might pass the sniff test, especially if they are library text books. The second any of these textbook photos leave his tablet-- even to sit in a Dropbox folder-- he's technically distributing copyrighted material and could end up with feds or worse, copyright lawyers, pounding at his door.

Umm no, even Library books you cant copy completely, the average copy right allows you to copy what amounts to about 1 chapter in total volume (5-10%), and this is only for personal use.

What I don't understand is that any table worth having for study is going to be £100+, as people have mentioned the Kindle fire or Nexus 7 you are looking at £150+, for that you can purchase 3-4 text books. Some thing like the Ipad and you could buy a whole Library. So to suggest that this is due to finances is clearly not quite the whole truth. A tablet with a electronic pen is never going to come cheap! Sounds more like you want a Tablet and the text books but can only afford one at the moment. My suggestion is buy the books, get the qualification, get a decent job and then you will be able to afford the tablet.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277

If you want to use an electronic pen I'd vote galaxy series 8 or 10 inch note tablets.

If you can live without the pen then nexus series is very nice and I have been very happy with it.
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    My recommendation would be to get a refurbished nexus 7 2012 or a brand new one. Should cost around 110-140$

I'd also recommend picking up a safari books online subscription. 23$ a month and you get 10 books per month. I think they have a 5 book per month option also for cheaper.

I think the amount of time you'll save will make it more than worth the small investment.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My thought is if you have enough time to take a picture of every page and then compile that into a PDF, then you're wasting A LOT of time. Why not just go and get a job and then buy the books when you have enough money. Now, I realize that some books are quite expensive, but they're not stupidly expensive. If you live in the US go on Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more - there you'll find new and used books. Sometimes you can get a fantastic deal.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Umm no, even Library books you cant copy completely, the average copy right allows you to copy what amounts to about 1 chapter in total volume (5-10%), and this is only for personal use. What I don't understand is that any table worth having for study is going to be £100+, as people have mentioned the Kindle fire or Nexus 7 you are looking at £150+, for that you can purchase 3-4 text books. Some thing like the Ipad and you could buy a whole Library. So to suggest that this is due to finances is clearly not quite the whole truth. A tablet with a electronic pen is never going to come cheap! Sounds more like you want a Tablet and the text books but can only afford one at the moment. My suggestion is buy the books, get the qualification, get a decent job and then you will be able to afford the tablet.
    1-buying a tablet is for one time all years of study about 7 years :) 2-each year i have about 4 subjects and each one have alot of branches so alot of books 3-photo a book will not take more than 1 h and i study it all the year from tablet 4-iam travelling to my town each 2 weaks and i need take books&clothes&lap&food..etc with me it is to heavy right