Wireless Equipment

evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone have some wireless equipment that they do not need that I could buy as I study for the CWSP?

I would like to get an 802.11a/b/g AP & PCMCIA cards with antenna ports and pigtail cables and a variety of antenna.
"You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan

Comments

• Don_PADon_PA Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't have anything to sell. I have 3 laptops (2 Dell & 1IBM with one Microsoft 802.11B 1 Dlink Wireless 1 Netgear and 1 Belkin for my desktop which is not connecting to well. I bought all of them at either Staples or OfficeMax and I got some rebates of the sale price. You may find some good weekly deals (Also at BestBuy or CircuityCity) at this time of the year, but sometimes you have to wait longer than the 8 weeks to get your rebate. Other than that you may have to do some online internet search or ebay for some good prices :oicon_sad.gif

I need to know evanderburg about the CWNA test that you mentioned that you passed. I understand it is 60 questions in 90 minutues but I have been hearing some horror stories at the CWNP forum site that the newer exam is more difficult and obscure in the questions and they failed. Are they wordy questions like the Microsoft exams and choose all that apply as opposed to choose two answers. I only have the 2nd edition CWNA book and I do have the CBT nuggets CBT and I have some other current wireless books. I already bought the voucher from last year and I can't really afford to buy their current 3rd ed. book at their price. Thanks for a reply! icon_eek.gificon_cool.gif
    CCNA CCDA CWSP CWAP CCA HP Laser Printers MCTS MCSE 2003 JNCIA JNCIS
  • evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Almost all the questions were choose all that apply. It was pretty difficult. Some questions were rather wordy but not as wordy as a Microsoft exam. Some questions referenced dates instead of specifications to make sure that you know the dates that go with specifications. Everyone I talked to scored low on the security and I did as well. I had 100% on Network Implementation, 100% on Site Surveys, and 100% on Radio Frequency Technologies, high scores in other areas, but only 58% on Network Security. I am really interested in security too so that score suprised me. I can't exactly give you a specific thing that I missed with security which is really unfortunate.

The exam is officially 60 questions, but each question relies on different a variety of elements. There are many questions that require you to know about 3-4 different facts to answer the question correctly.

I hope that helps. Feel free to send me an email or post about questions on the CWNA. Also, there is a CWNA study group on GoogleGroups.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Don_PADon_PA Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply Evan! icon_cool.gif Gives me encouragement to study the hard topics like the RF,PCF/DCF, Fresnal Zones, Multipath DSSS, FHSS, VSWR,RTS/CTS, NAV, GHz, GHz, SIFS, Defraction, and RefractionI hope you take the CWSP exam before they change it next year Jan. Use the free Netstumbler software for WarDriving Wifi Hotspot internet access. sleeping.gifbowing.gif
    CCNA CCDA CWSP CWAP CCA HP Laser Printers MCTS MCSE 2003 JNCIA JNCIS