Options

When should I start applying for jobs if I graduate in April?

JaneDoeJaneDoe Member Posts: 171
When would it be reasonable for me to start applying to jobs if I graduated at the end of April? I'd like to have something lined up before I graduate.

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    My vote would be Beginning to Mid-March.
    I think others may say sooner.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How much experience do you have now? What is your current job and salary?

Answer depends on those two things. I personally don't think it's too early to apply now to a low-level help desk and get some experience if you don't have any yet. Maybe by the time you graduate and coupled with a job like that you can get into a better help desk position making $15/hr and be that much closer to a great job.
  • Options
    JaneDoeJaneDoe Member Posts: 171
    I'm a full time student taking 18 credits, and I won't have time for a job until I finish school. I've been doing contract work with various clients maintaining web servers and networks. I had a full time internship last summer. Between my school work and supporting my current clients I don't need anything else on my plate until I graduate.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Id start now. Half the places I apply to take 3+ months to respond. Then another week to month for on site interviews/selection.
  • Options
    brentw722brentw722 Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would start now. It will creep up much faster then you think. Companies will also notice you are close to graduating if you add it on your resume.