Options

New to Citrix :) Need suggestions

Longgggg time no update on this forum?

I am new to Citrix and wanted to know if Citrix Cert (CCA XenApp) would help me or not... I currently live in Toronto and have no experience in Citrix whatsoever.. I am working in a IT company as a Technical support analyst and my company mainly deal in DNS and DHCP (ISC Bind and DHCP based)...

I do not like working for this company as they only use their own products and it will not help me in long run when I leave this company and look for other jobs in the market because of the fact that they use their own products and not market standard...

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you in advance.
2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
Current working on: VCAP5-DCA

Comments

• Options
    jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    With the amount of material out there and the number of customers using xenapp AND the costs involved in switching xenapp licenses to xendesktop, I'd say its a no brainer.

Do the studyand work with the books/videos/internet training thats out there. Citrix may change the name of their apps and the location of everything, every 5 minutes, but there are some things that stay the same.
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would start with the certification CCA for XenDesktop 7 or XenApp 6.5
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.