Options

Resume Review Experienced Service Desk Tech

SocomSocom Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited November 2021 in IT Jobs / Degrees
Hi All,

Thanks for the advice thus far :)

I've started this thread with just the objective of resume review. I've got two versions which I'll paste links to below.

Version 1:
Page 1: xxx

Page 2: xxx

It's just bullet after bullet which I think kind of looks bad, so I turned the certifications into a table ... which I think looks worse.

Version 2:
Page 1: xxx

Page 2: xxx

Ideas for improvement are welcome! Design looks a bit boring to me.

Comments

• Options
    bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    I pick the first version. I would lose the education dates, and the high school, as your youth may work against you. Also lose the dates for the certs, and change Net+ to anticipated 2/14.
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Options
    I'm including the dates on there because I've heard from numerous recruiters that college degrees help weed people out. So by keeping the highschool dates it shows that I've been working since high school, and I haven't wasted time. Same can apply to the certs, plus it shows how much experience I've had with/since the certs.
  • Options
    to the top you go thread
  • Options
    Bump, trying to make this resume bullet proof. I've landed a few interviews but the end up letting me go towards the end.
  • Options
    PolynomialPolynomial Member Posts: 365
    Thorough understanding of the programs file folder...? >.>

Motivated, enthusiast, team player etc. are overused buzzwords that mean nothing on a resume.