Options

College: Certificate of Completion questions

Background: I was going to school to get my Associates and while doing so I completed 2 certificate of completions, but did not get my associated prior to transferring to wgu.

My question is two fold -

do i put these on my resume or are they just something i hang on the wall and think of how close i was to my associates lol.

Are there any certificate of completions worth getting after bachelors, masters etc?

Comments

• Options
    dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    Personally, I would hold on to it for personal semi-satisfaction. I did not say hang on the wall. . I would not put it on the resume.. Its like saying you were going for the A+ and decided to pass the CompTIA Strata exam instead.. I would not put that Strata on my resume(nor waste money time taking it)…. Jobs look for certs, experience, degrees (assoc, bach, mast, doct)… If you dont have what is listed. You will not get "brownie points" for adding irrelevant information. The hiring manager, recruiter, Billy from down the street are looking for specific information on the resume……it is like applying for McDonald's and putting on the resume you changed tires at Jiffy Lube…
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    By certificate of completion, do you mean undergraduate certificate in <insert subject>? Such as Certificate in Network Engineering. If so, they may have value in your local job market. If you list them, be prepared to explain what courses made up the certificate and what you learned in each series of classes. If you can't articulate that, then it would be better to just leave them off of the resume.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me