Options

Question about jobs

sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
How do you look for work without working with a recruiter? Every job i apply to on job boards (DICE, Indeed, Glass door) i get calls from recruiters. I am currently working with 5 different recruiters and all of them seem more interested in who were my contact at my old job.

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Apply to some companies in your area directly. Don't only rely on the job boards.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    FloOz wrote: »
    Apply to some companies in your area directly. Don't only rely on the job boards.

I actually want to begin to start doing this. Do you just write the HR department directly or do you send a physical copy or resume to them with a cover letter? (As I know a lot of the companies don't have positions listed online)
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Look for jobs on their website. See if they have a contact for employment even if no jobs are listed.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I've found one of the best ways is to search for lists of the largest companies in your area, as well as "Best places to work" articles. Go down the lists and search each one's website for jobs that may be a good fit for you.

Often times jobs don't hit public boards or have recruiters helping find people for them.