Options

Trick Question See If You Can Answer

cestricklincestricklin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Except Johan, who already knows..LoL

This question deals in driver signing, and its just for fun, please refer to the tech notes in the forum for Joahn's practice exams.
Have Fun Guys/Gals!

CURRENT SITUATION
YOU HAVE JUST TAKEN OVER A SMALL COMPANY NETWORK IN AN ATTORNEY'S OFFICE. YOU NEED TO VERIFY THAT EXISTING FILES ON YOUR OFFICE COMPUTERS ARE DIGITALLY SIGNED USING THE FILE SIGNATURE VERIFICATION TOOL.

REQUIRED RESULT
USE THE FILE SIGNATURE VERIFICATION TOOL TO CHECK IF THE FILES ON THE SYSTEM HAVE BEEN SIGNED

OPTIONAL DESIRED RESULTS
1. CREATE A LOG FILE FROM THE RESULTS OF THE FILE VERIFICATION.
2. UNINSTALL ANY DRIVERS THAT DO NOT HAVE A DIGITAL SIGNATURE

PROPOSED SOULTION
FROM THE START MENU, SELECT RUN. IN THE RUN DIALOG BOX, ENTER SIGVERIF AND CLICK THE OK BUTTON. UNDER THE ADVANCED PROPERTIES>LOGGING TAB, CLICK THE RADIO BUTTON TO ENABLE LOGGING, AND SAVE RESULTS TO AN EXISTING LOG FILE.

QUESTION IS:
WHAT DOES THE PROPOSED SOULTION PRODUCE?

A. THE PROPOSED SOULTION PRODUCES THE REQUIRED RESULT AND BOTH OF THE OPTIONAL RESULTS.

B. THE PROPOSED SOULTION PRODUCES THE REQUIRED RESULTS AND ONLY ONE OF THE OPTIONAL RESULTS.

C. THE PROPOSED SOULTION PRODUCES THE REQUIRED RESULTS AND NONE OF THE OPTIONAL RESULTS.

D. THE PROPOSED SOULTION DOES NOT PRODUCE THE REQUIRED RESULT.

Again, just for fun....good luck!

I WILL POST THE ANSWER WHEN SOMEONE REQUEST IT AFTER A FEW HAVE ANSWERED.

~C

[/img]
"HE WHO BELIEVES, IS HE WHO SUCCEDES"

Comments

• Options
    gabilangabilan Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the answer is B
  • Options
    Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    I would go with answer B aswell but since its a trick question im sure thats probably wrong somehow tho cant figure it out myself :)
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    i would say B too icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    I'd go with "B" icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I'll say "D" becasue Windows sucks & thats about par. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    I pick B as my answer too icon_cool.gif
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    cestricklincestricklin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    VERY GOOD! Guys/Gals

The correct answer is B, remember, trick questions are not usually hard, they are just tricky in the way they are written. I hope you were able to tell yourself WHY B is correct, compare your theory to this:

ANSWER DEFINED:

BY USING THE SIGVERIF AT THE RUN COMMAND, THE APPLICATION WILL BE STARTED, AND BY CLICKING THE RADIO BUTTON TO WRITE A LOGGING FILE, THE FIRST OPTION RESULT IS MET. HOWEVER, THE SECOND OPTIONAL RESULT IS NOT MET BECAUSE THERE IS NO OPTION TO UNINSTALL UNSIGNED DRIVERS WHILE USING THIS UTILITY, AND THIS ACTION WOULD PROBABLY BRING DOWN THE EXSITING SYSTEM.

Its tricky, because the first thing someone, (unless well versed in IT) would think, I have to uninstall the unsigned derivers since that is the project to begin with. What I would do is go through afterward and try to find sig's for the other drivers, if not, leave it alone...
    Well done group, I'll try to find some more, if anyone else has some, please post, we can have real life problems, as well as different virtual scenarios to play with and have fun and learn...have a good day all..

~C
    "HE WHO BELIEVES, IS HE WHO SUCCEDES"
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    i would just like to point out that it is a check box rather than a radio button.
    witty comment