what is the best topology for this scenario?

klez0011klez0011 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi assume below scenario and please help me...

we have 4 vlan in 4 differences subnet in 4range {10},{20},{30},{40} i want to config NAT+DHCP+HSRP+MSTP and I need TMG Server .

so what topology you suggest which reduce RAM , CPU Resources and Improvement performance and include all things i said{NAT+DHCP+HSRP+MSTP+TMG)
do you suggest 3 layer cisco model?if yes ...could you explain that how i should config it? I mean that please say for example :config vlan in swL2 and connected to Switch layer 3 and so.....
and last:i have big problen:if i have nat(i should set 1 Default-Gateway )for clients in different subnet,because i have hsrp i should set second DG ,and i have TMG server i should set DG (ip of tmg server to all clients)..so i have more than 1 DG what should ido?
icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

please help me....

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    How about you show us what you think is the right way to do it and we can give you some pointers.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    MSTP for 4 VLAN's?
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
    I'm assuming this is a school assignment. Hopefully not a real world scenario.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    The "best topology" for me, means best design. You wouldn't design an MSTP network for 4 VLAN's.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
    Unless an instructor told you too....
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeeeeh, we're not doing your assignment for you. Like Networker said, why do you tell us what you think and we'll give you some direction if you're not quite there.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • klez0011klez0011 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks first.i think i can use from 3 level(3 layer cisco Model) first I have 4 switch layer 2(includes 4 vlan)and after one of the 2 choises that i say below:
    1-connect each 2 switch layer2 to 1 switch layer 2 or layer 3 and config MSTP (in switch 1 have 2 vlan that are in instance 1 ,other in instance 2)
    2-connect 4 switch(include 4 vlan) to 1 switch layer2 or layer 3 and config MSTP for 1 instance
    ****************************************************************************************
    after from switch which MSTP config on it I connect this switch layer 3 and ...continue topology
    i like that first i specify which option that i told before( 1 or 2) i should use and after think about other parts of topology.....thanks
  • klez0011klez0011 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry is there any problen for config MSTP for 4 vlans????
    There isn't a problem with it no, but it is usually a technology used in larger VLAN deployments to decrease STP instances.

And honestly I have no idea what you mean in your previous post.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    klez0011 wrote: »
    thanks first.i think i can use from 3 level(3 layer cisco Model) first I have 4 switch layer 2(includes 4 vlan)and after one of the 2 choises that i say below:
    1-connect each 2 switch layer2 to 1 switch layer 2 or layer 3 and config MSTP (in switch 1 have 2 vlan that are in instance 1 ,other in instance 2)
    2-connect 4 switch(include 4 vlan) to 1 switch layer2 or layer 3 and config MSTP for 1 instance
    ****************************************************************************************
    after from switch which MSTP config on it I connect this switch layer 3 and ...continue topology
    i like that first i specify which option that i told before( 1 or 2) i should use and after think about other parts of topology.....thanks
    whatchu talkin bout willis?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S