Options

views and custom priv levels

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
Did you guys have to practice these a lot before passing your NA Security? Seems difficult to practice in a lab because... you are the only users, so you aren't really managing access for multiple people. Just wondering if this is something I need to worry about.

Comments

• Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Did you guys have to practice these a lot before passing your NA Security? Seems difficult to practice in a lab because... you are the only users, so you aren't really managing access for multiple people. Just wondering if this is something I need to worry about.

Of course you lab them up, don't you have an extra laptop laying around? If you don't want to lab it, then don't..it's up to you.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    lol, I have the capability, but until now its been single user stuff, acting as one user. Creating multiple accounts on my routers that will never be used? trying to remember which fake account had the ability to do some troubleshooting that you need to do?
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    SephStorm wrote: »
    lol, I have the capability, but until now its been single user stuff, acting as one user. Creating multiple accounts on my routers that will never be used? trying to remember which fake account had the ability to do some troubleshooting that you need to do?

Create views or better yet parser views

Group 1 can do a "sh run", "sh ip int br"
    Group 2 can do everything

Look up parser views
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?