I'll be taking Security+ and CCENT.
    Finney Abraham

2014 Goal
    WGU BS-Network Administration [ ]
    CCNA [X] CCDA [ ] MCSA [X] Project+ [X] Storage+ [ ]
  • Options
    str8outtajerzystr8outtajerzy Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Update:

I got my last paper back for English composition 1 and I'm all done! 42 credits down! onto Finite mathematics.
  • Options
    finneyjabrahamfinneyjabraham Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just completed CCENT. SOO happy. Now to finish Security+. Hopefully I'll be able to start the Windows 7 class
    Finney Abraham

2014 Goal
  • Options
    Good job keep it up!!

I just passed Finite Math, so far to date I've finished 47 CU (including 30 transferred in) since February. I'm almost finished my paper for English Composition 2 and I'm working on my web site for Web development fundamentals so hopefully by the end of next week, that will be 2 more classes down.
  • Options
    Nice. My issue right now is getting a hold of my mentor to release more classes and vouchers.
    Finney Abraham

2014 Goal
  • Options
    zidianzidian Member Posts: 132
    ...Now to finish Security+...

For Security+, I wouldn't bother with the provided materials. Check out the Security+ forum here and use those resources (mainly Mr. Gibson's book). Half or less of the provided material covers what is on Security+ and the other half is stuff for two different exams that you won't see on Security+. I thought it just confused the issue and made the actual test harder because the terminology was different. You'll spend less time studying and actually learn more pertinent information.

The only thing I'd use the provided material for is the labs. Those actually helped since the simulations were close to the labs on the Net+ and Sec+ LabSim that WGU provides.
    WGU BS-IT Software | Completed 9/30/2014
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip.
    Finney Abraham

2014 Goal
  • Options
    I did forget to ask. Do you recommend watching Professor Messer's videos?
    Finney Abraham

2014 Goal
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice progress!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    zidianzidian Member Posts: 132
    I did forget to ask. Do you recommend watching Professor Messer's videos?

Always, his videos are short and help provide some visual representation of the material for the exams.
    WGU BS-IT Software | Completed 9/30/2014
  • Options
    zidian wrote: »
    Always, his videos are short and help provide some visual representation of the material for the exams.

Awesome. I've used his videos to pass my A+ exam and hoping to use his Security+ and skim over Gibson's book to pass this class.

Btw, I've taken the Operating Systems class (Windows 7) and now I'm scheduling it for this week. I've been going over this exam for the past 2 years and I think I'm finally ready to take it.
    Finney Abraham

2014 Goal
  • Options
    Update:

My progress has slowed a little (I'm not really interested in Web Development). I've completed the first part of Project in Web Development (1CU) and I just scheduled the Online Assessment for Thursday (2CU). The first task for English Comp 2 has been accepted, I just have to get around to completing the actual paper. I'm also working on Web Development at the same time. I really have to pick up my pace!
  • Options
    datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The first task for English Comp 2 has been accepted, I just have to get around to completing the actual paper.

What topic did you pick of Eng Comp 2, looking for some ideas myself?
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @datschmo - I finished Eng Comp 2 recently... my topic discussed how children benefit academically from music education in their pre-school years. I find that writing about something you like and have had experience with makes things A LOT easier.

OP - good luck on your goal! You are flying!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    @gadav478 - thanks for the example, helped me come up with a few topics.

Good luck finneyjabraham, finishing in 1 year would be awesome.
  • Options
    Sorry for the late timing. I've passed Windows 7 last Sunday. Just been in and out of studying CCNA and Security. Hopefully I can tackle those this week.
    Finney Abraham

2014 Goal
  • Options
    drozdroz Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, I am in the middle of my second term and I've run into the same wall of not being interested in the topic a couple of times. It's a shame, the task usually doesn't take very long once you put your mind to it, but its so hard sometimes to get the motivation.
  • Options
    Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck finneyjabraham! TechExams has inspired me to consider transferring to WGU and really gunning for completion in 1 year or less. I'm certing up now and I'll apply for admission soon after I've maxed a lot of credits out.

Also, can you guys see my posts? My post counter is incrementing properly, but my posts seem to be invisible. I know TE is VBulletin -- maybe something out of sync with MySQL.

Either way, good luck OP. You're making awesome progress.
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • Options
    datschmo wrote: »
    What topic did you pick of Eng Comp 2, looking for some ideas myself?

I chose the effects of Maltreatment
  • Options
    Cert Poor wrote: »

Also, can you guys see my posts? My post counter is incrementing properly, but my posts seem to be invisible. I know TE is VBulletin -- maybe something out of sync with MySQL.

Yes I can see them.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if anyone still checks this thread, but I'm coming up on the end of my 1st 6 month term and have completed 80 credits with 59 to go. I really hope I can bring it home by February!
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    I think a lot of us just check the "Today's post" button on the top of the screen and then filter what we want to read. Awesome job on 80 CU in 6 months. I would have to flog myself if I tried something crazy like that. Could you imagine a highschooler doing this? I believe you only have to be 16 to go to school here. Graduate with your diploma and degree within a few months of each other, or your degree before your diploma? If this was around when I was in high school I probably would have tried.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    Wish I had your motivation, my progress is slowing due to all the GE courses. Keep on trucking!

What courses do you have left to complete?
  • Options
    ethkhkrethkhkr Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OP

I would recommend that you keep that goal of 1 year till graduation firmly in your mind. I myself have graduated both HS, my undergrad, and soon my Masters at least 6 months early. The main thing that you will be focusing on is your steadies, which means that sadly your social life will almost be non-existent during that year. It's very important to remember to take breaks and to occasionally do something that you really enjoy that is not related to school work.

Finally, always keep your goal in mind and mentally remind yourself that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    It's been a while since I've been on this forum.

I recently moved from Toronto to Philadelphia on a Win7 migration project. That took a huge strain on school and I had to put it on hold for two months.

I finished my first term with 37 CU and my hopefully this term will be 55 CU. After getting the email notification for this thread, I was motivated again to complete my degree by this December. Tons of pressure, but it will be worth it in the end.
    Finney Abraham

2014 Goal
  • Options
    2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TediousOneTediousOne Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    [...]I started the IT-Security today (although I'm switching to Network Design)[...]
    @str8outtajerzy,
    Did you end up switching to Network Design?
    I'm interested in the WGU Security emphasis myself, was there something in particular that changed your mind?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    auxiliarypriestauxiliarypriest Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck. Stay motivated. I started in in Feb '14 and will hopefully be done by Feb'15. I have 8 courses to go. As long as you stay focused and continue to work at it, it can be doable.
    2020 Goals: [x ] C|HFI [x] CySA+ [x ] MSCSIA
    Connect with me on Linkedin, just say you're from TechExams
  • Options
    KayskyKaysky Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm trying to complete my degree in a year or less too! I was fortunate that a lot of my undergrad classes transferred. I started in August and passed my CIW Web foundations Cert this past Monday and am now in Organizational Behavior. Good luck and thanks for posting your start and end dates, now I know it can be done!
  • Options
    TediousOne wrote: »
    @str8outtajerzy,
    Did you end up switching to Network Design?
    I'm interested in the WGU Security emphasis myself, was there something in particular that changed your mind?

Yes, I guess I'm just more of a network guy at heart. I figured I'd be more interested in design.