Options

salary of a junior network engineer

neo468neo468 Member Posts: 123
you guys have any idea what a salary range of a junior network engineer would be. the position would be based in los angeles california
1's and 0's

Comments

• Options
    QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    jr. net tech should get around 50k in LA.
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Which is about 30-35K in the mid-west.
  • Options
    tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you know a couple of the following topics:

RedCom IGX, Avaya G3CSI PBX, Promina, Cisco switching, Cisco routing, CDI modems, pairgain modems, Fiber modems, KIV 19, KIV 7HSB, Callmanager, Taclane, T1 VOIP gateways, gatekeepers, LOS communications, TDMA/FDMA satellite modems, Windows 2000 server.

I can get you a job working for me. The catch is a year in Afghanistan and you need a secret clearance.

You should start at about 62.5K. When in Afghanistan you will make double your salary, plus an extra 10 percent on the double. then an extra 50 percent on your base salary. If you stay out of the US for for 331 days in a tax year then 80K of your income is tax exempt right off of the top.

It comes out to about 168.25K in a year. Then you get the taxes back on 80K. This leaves your tax liability at 83K.

Government contracting isn't for everybody but you can make some money quick and get the heck out.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Hell, I'd work for you at that rate....I've just never heard of half that stuff, so I guess I'm just slightly out of range.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    where can u find jr network engineer jobs in LA?